Bernina Express. From glaciers in St Moritz, Switzerland to palm trees in Tirano, Italy.
- St Moritz - Tirano: 02:04
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
The Bernina Express is a scenic train operating between Switzerland and Italy. For the most part of its route, the Bernina Express operates on the Rhaetian Railway network in the Albula/Bernina area, a UNESCO World Heritage site. During the journey, you will see wild gorges, soaring bridges, fascinating loop tunnels and white glaciers. The Bernina Express has panorama cars, ideal to admire the amazing landscape. Main stations on the route are Chur, Davos, St. Moritz, Bernina Pass, Poschiavo and Tirano (Italy). The train runs all year long and in summer, an optional bus connects Tirano (Italy) to Lugano in summer.
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
- Bernina Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
A class apart
Classes of service
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|