The Schilthorn alone is a spectacular sight to see, when you mix the beauty of the mountain, with its panoramic views, with James Bond, magic happens! Home to the world’s longest aerial cable-car system, the Schilthorn is also credited with providing an extraordinary set for the Bond classic, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. On your visit, you will be mesmerized by the most awe-inspiring panoramic views in Switzerland – filled with over 200 mountain peaks, endless glaciers, and lakes. To add even more allure, it is here where you can pay a visit to Piz Gloria, an iconic revolving restaurant which pays tribute to 007. Visitors are welcomed inside with 400 seats all offering amazing views from Mount Titlis to Mont Blanc and far across to the Black Forest. Treat yourself to a Martini as you sit back and relax, the restaurant serves them “shaken not stirred”. If you arrive earlier in the day, enjoy the James Bond breakfast buffet, if you arrive later, you can have a bite of the Spaghetti James Bond. Whatever your culinary choice may be, you can be sure that it will be delicious and pair perfectly with the surrounding views.
Experience the beauty of Schilthorn - Piz Gloria on the world’s longest cable car system
- Round trip travel from Interlaken or Mürren to Schilthorn - Piz Gloria by cable car
- View of over 200 mountain peaks
- Issued as a paper document
- For James Bond fans - the legendary "Martini, shaken not stirred", is available at the revolving restaurant
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Included with Swiss Travel Pass
- Choice of round-trip travel from Interlanke or Murren in the Bernese Oberland to the Schilthorn – Piz Gloria mountaintop by cable car.
- Travel along the longest aerial cableway in the Alps, the Schilthorn.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Stechelberg and Schilthorn will not operate on April 24 to April 28 and November 18 to December 8, 2017 due to maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Seat Reservations are sold out for the train I want to take. What should I do?
A. If the train you’re planning to take requires a reservation and reservations are sold out, there are only two things you can do. Purchase a regular, full-fare ticket if those are still available, or try to travel on another train (later or earlier) that has reservations available.
Q. What should I do If I've already bought my rail pass, and now want to add another country?
A. Once your rail pass has been printed, it is not possible to modify it. If you absolutely need to do it, you can pay a 15% penalty and a 7% processing fee to exchange it. Depending on how much you plan to travel in the additional country, it may be more cost effective to purchase regular train tickets for those trips.
The only exception is if you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you ordered your rail pass. In this case, you can exchange your original pass at full value and use it towards the new one, with no fee or penalty incurred. Read more about the Rail Protection Plan™ coverage and how to file a claim.
Q. Are there restrooms on the train?
A. Yes! Restrooms can be found on all trains in Europe. Restrooms are easily accessible on all trains and are frequently marked with the letters WC (Water Closet). They’re usually found at the front or back of each train car and typically include a sink, toilet, and locking door.
Q. Can I get the address and phone number for the train station?
A. We offer specific train station information and maps with approximate locations of many of the most popular train stations in Europe.
In general, you’ll find that stations are centrally located and conveniently reached via public transportation and most airport-to-city links.
Q. What do I do if my train goes through a country not listed on my rail pass?
A. If your train travels through a country not listed on your rail pass, even though the country of origin and country of arrival are covered by your rail pass, you need to purchase a ticket for the uncovered portion of the journey. We suggest doing this at a ticket counter in advance. You don’t need to buy a ticket for the entire journey, just the section not covered by the purchased rail pass.
Q. Do you offer maps of European train stations?
A. We do offer links to Google Maps for many European train stations. At this time we do not have specific layouts of any train station interiors in Europe.
Q. My group lives large. Can we book an exclusive carriage or charter an entire train?
A. Whether your group is looking to book an exclusive carriage on a scheduled train for their sole use, or wishing to charter an entire train, we can arrange it. Simply fill out a Group Quote form and one of our dedicated group consultants will respond with a quote to fit your groups’ needs.
Q. Are the fares offered on your website based on live availability?
A. Yes, in most cases. The fares displayed on our website are based on current seat availability at the time you requested the fares and schedules for your journey. our booking engine has a direct link to the inventory of many European rail carriers including SNCF, Eurostar, Thalys, DB, Trenitalia, RENFE, the UK’s Association Of Train Operating Companies, and more.
There are some routes which we can only display a cached price at the time of quotation, based on generally available fares for those trains. Actual confirmation of space and fare occurs upon completion of your order. If there are any issues, you’ll be contacted.
Q. Can I ensure that my traveling party will share a compartment on an overnight train?
A. Our booking system always attempts to book all travellers in the same compartment on overnight trains, as long as you submit your request for your entire traveling party at once.
Our ability to book all travellers in the same compartment ultimately depends on compartment availabilities on the train you’re booking. The earlier you make your reservations, the better the chance that everyone in your travel party will be in the same compartment.
If a compartment can’t be fully filled by the traveling party alone, some trains may need to separate you into gender-specific compartments. Therefore, if you are a traveling party of mixed gender – the way to ensure that you will be traveling together is to make sure that you book a compartment that you fill entirely.
Q. How do I use a promo code?
A. Simply enter your valid promo code on the page where you enter your delivery information for your booking during checkout.