Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (3362)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
Thalys, also known as the red train connects Brussels and the Benelux with destinations in France, Germany and the Netherlands at speeds of up to 300 km/hr. In 2009 Thalys launched a new section of high-speed line, cutting journey times. Today Thalys trains cross Benelux from Paris in less than 3 and a half hours.
With frequent services – up to 23 daily returns between Paris and Brussels alone – it’s easy to add another destination to your itinerary with Thalys.
Thalys tickets are available up to three months before departure; we recommend that you book early to benefit from the best fares. While there is no check-in to board Thalys trains, reservation is required on Thalys and is included within the price of your Rail Europe ticket.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Thalys offers direct and high-speed services between Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne. Aboard Thalys trains you can reach city centres in the pure tradition of comfort and service at high speed.
|Paris - Brussels||1h22|
|Paris - Cologne||3h14|
|Paris - Amsterdam||3h18|
|Paris - Düsseldorf||3h47|
|Brussels - Amsterdam||1h53|
|Brussels - Cologne||1h47|
|Brussels - Düsseldorf||2h20|
|Antwerp - Amsterdam Schiphol||0h57|Paris Amsterdam 03:16 ₨ 2,692 Paris Brussels 01:20 ₨ 1,923 Brussels Amsterdam 01:49 ₨ 2,231 Paris Cologne 03:14 ₨ 2,231 Paris Bruges 02:28 ₨ 4,308 Brussels Cologne 01:47 ₨ 2,231 Rotterdam Paris 02:37 ₨ 3,462 Amsterdam Rotterdam 00:35 ₨ 1,615 Dusseldorf Paris 03:47 ₨ 3,769 Antwerp Paris 02:02 ₨ 2,692 Brussels Rotterdam 01:10 ₨ 2,615 Antwerp Brussels 00:35 ₨ 1,462 Dusseldorf Cologne 00:24 ₨ 769 Paris Aachen 02:35 ₨ 2,231 Brussels Aachen 01:08 ₨ 1,769
Buy your public transport tickets from the bar-buffet whilst onboard.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- Thalys tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
|Print @ home||Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
|Print @ Station||Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Feeling like taking an extensive break in the Old Continent? Thalys high-speed trains could take you between France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany with style and comfort at speeds of up to 300 km/hr.
Experience the service
Before you board
Download map of Thalys’s main stations
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>||√|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>||√|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. At an additional cost. small>||√|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>||√||√|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>||√||√|
Meal services on Thalys trains
- In 1st class you receive a full meal on board Thalys trains, in the comfort of your own seat. Meals served are breakfast, lunch and dinner and include a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, bread and dessert. In 2nd class you have full access to the bar buffet, which offers (you) a selection of food and beverages, as well as organic and fair trade products. Whichever class you travel on Thalys, and whatever time of day it is, you know that you will not be hungry!
Stay connected with Thalys!
- WI-FI connection is available on board all Thalys trains, so that you can work as you travel, or be in touch with friends and family via your computer. This service is complimentary for 1st class passengers and also available for 2nd class passengers, but at an additional cost. So if you need to stay connected you can – keeping continuity in your busy work day or organising your social life for the evening!
Thalys helps you get to "Any Belgian Station"
- Thalys works very closely with the SNCB train network to ensure good coordination and continuity of service. The “Any Belgian Station” fare includes both the Thalys and the Belgian leg of the journey, at a minimal extra cost, and is valid for two days either before or after your Thalys journey. You have no need to book a reservation for the local Belgian train ride – as you can imagine, this fare is convenient and saves time! Let Thalys help make travelling in Belgium easy for you!
Travelling with a Thalys train, or the red train as it is also called, means having an hassle-free journey with a touch of style and sophistication.
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (3362)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 35% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"when to book and food costs"Omer m. 15/05/2013
we found that bookings were only available approximately 3 months in advance and that the further ahead you book the better the price is. Food on the train is limited and expensive.
"First Class on the Thalys"Peter n. 13/05/2013
Travelling first class was a very smooth, comfortable journey. The on board service and free wi-fi were excellent. The punctuality if the service was impressive. Access to the Thalys lounge at Amsterdam CS was particularly pleasant. Value for money Convenience
"Comvenient way to travel"Evi Riakusuma j. 13/05/2013
The train is comfortable, with reclinable seat and power supply, so we can plug our laptop or charge our handphone. The schedule is punctual and toilet is clean. It also has cafetaria so we can buy meals. In short, 3 hours Amsterdam-Paris has been through conveniently. Value for money Convenience
"5 star luxury and green too"Jacqueline b. 10/05/2013
what a great experience,friendly staff, easy access ,loads of room and eco friendly!! Value for money Convenience
"Excellent"Pirakash r. 10/05/2013
Traveling in Comfort 1 was a really excellent and comfortable experience. The food was good, Wifi connection was great and the seats were really comfortable. Value for money Convenience
"Europe Trip 1"Johannes r. 09/05/2013
Clean and comfortable train and a nice trip. The staff were friendly and helpful. Value for money Convenience
"Fast and comfortable"Chin Han o. 09/05/2013
I enjoy the scenery along the way,this is my chance to see another landscape of Belgium until Cologne,it's just simply beautiful.The stewardess are very kind and friendly too,and also very helpful. Value for money Convenience
"1st class experience"Chin Han o. 08/05/2013
is a very comfort seats and with Free wifi service.
"Travel"Aleksandr a. 07/05/2013
Travel was excellent Value for money Convenience
"Amsterdam to Paris"Craig h. 07/05/2013
The train trip was very comfortable and relaxing. i enjoyed watching the countryside wizz by.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Value for money Convenience
"Rotterdam to Paris"Hari s. 06/05/2013
Convenient and Comfortable trip from Rotterdam to Paris Gare Du Nord. I hope to take the trip again, given a chance. There was one aspect that could be improved The internet connection was erratic, and could be made to be more stable, especially when having to reload pages as the connection would go off in one instant and come back in the next. Value for money Convenience
"Paris Nord to Amsterdam"Gina d. 06/05/2013
The trip was very comfortable in first class, but I did have to go to the buffet bar to order and eat the lunch that I wanted (sandwiches). It would have been nicer if this had been available to be delivered to my seat as some of the other meal were. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only confusion I had was on boarding the train and finding my carriage. Because I was travelling to Amsterdam I had to pass all the carriages for the part of the train that would not go on to Amsterdam which used the same carriage numbers as the carriages to Amsterdam, so this confused me a little. Perhaps, if the train is to separate, then using a numbering system using a letter code to differentiate between the different destinations would help. But overall my travel experience was very smooth and pleasant. Value for money Convenience
"Better than flying?"Katherine s. 06/05/2013
Bathrooms were disgusting. Value for money Convenience
"NICE"Katherine s. 05/05/2013
EVERYTHING IS OK.