- Paris - Zurich: 04:03
- Book early, save up to 50%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV Lyria, high speed trains connecting France and Switzerland, serving Paris, Lausanne, Interlaken etc.
TGV Lyria is operated by SNCF, the French national railway company and CFF, the Swiss national railway company. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in just a few hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes. The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey. In the first class carriages, you will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris or buy subway tickets for Parisian metro, in the bar-buffet car.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
What’s new in 2015?
- Please note that the Geneva to Montpellier route has been discontinued in December 2014.
- A new daily return service from Brussels to Geneva, via Lille has been introduced in December 2014.
|Geneva||Aix En Provence Tgv||03:40||₹ 4,198|
|Neuchatel (loc)||Paris||04:02||₹ 3,053|
|Geneva||Bourg En Bresse||01:16||₹ 2,137|
|Geneva||St Raphael||05:24||₹ 6,031|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
The Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris and the Swiss train stations have excellent connections with public transport system and taxis.
Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available. You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you.
The platform number is displayed only 20 minutes before the train departs.Make sure to check the corresponding platform number of your train before boarding.Please note that it is not permitted to board a train if it is not displayed.You do not have to check in before boarding. However make sure that you board your train at least 2 minutes before departure time. Access to trains cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 minutes before departure.
Keep your ticket, passport and any other travel documents handy. Ticket controllers will ask for those travel documents onboard of the TGV Lyria. Police and customs check will take place at national borders.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
answered | Posted by cristy r. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/02/2017
answered | Posted by Nandakumar K. | Comments 2 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Bianca Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Neo | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by BALAKUMAR B. | Comments 3 | Created: 07/10/2016
Reviews & ratings TGV Lyria
Overall rating (384)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
- "Very good option " Sandra g. 01/03/2017
It was a very good journey. The train was comfortable, the attendants were friendly. Service on board was perfect including the breakfast, which was delicious. Value for money Convenience
- "Better than flying" Matthew v. 28/02/2017
Coming from Australia I assumed flights would be far better than trains but having the stations right in the centre of the city made it much more convenient and easier to manage without a phone. The train was smooth and quick. Value for money Convenience
- "VERY GOOD TRIP " Buddike Eranga b. 22/02/2017
WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THIS TRIP. ONLY ONE THING WE HAVE TO SAY. PLEASE CLEAN THE WINDOWS MORE THAN THIS. Value for money Convenience
- "Wi-Fi " Feras a. 16/02/2017
I wish there was Wi-Fi service in the train. Value for money Convenience
- "Pleasant trip" Johannes w. 14/02/2017
Pleasant ride but there was a 30 minute delay for unknown reason. Food service was good including refills. Appreciate taxi ordering service before reaching Gare de Lyon. Value for money
- "First Time to Use Rail Europe" Maricar c. 14/02/2017
Everything was excellent. Thank you for the wonderful service. Value for money Convenience
- "awesome" Shih Yuin l. 25/01/2017
it was awesome taking the train from lyon to geneva Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Geneva delight" Pieter v. 23/01/2017
Always a pleasure to travel in luxury, comfort and with excellent service. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris to Basel" David m. 15/01/2017
So easy and great price Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and direct " Tressa h. 08/01/2017
The train was full but comfortable. Enjoyed a snack in the food car. The view was wonderful and was happy it was a direct run. Value for money Convenience
- "it was good" Teng Teng k. 03/01/2017
it was good, just pricey Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Lausanne" Shenabadi r. 03/01/2017
Positive: good service, on time and professional. Negative: trip a bit expensive Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip" Melissa c. 16/12/2016
It was a good trip. Train ride went smoothly. The only concern it the people traffic at Paris Gare Lyon. There are so many people at the train station sometimes it becomes hard to navigate and I question my safety. Value for money Convenience
- "tgv lyria" . 13/12/2016
Was great trip. On first class though should have WIFI
- "Incredible journey" Ursula h. 11/12/2016
loved the comfort and speed and journey through the countryside Value for money Convenience