TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Paris||03:44||₹ 3,958|
|Paris||Verneuil Sur Avre||01:08||₹ 1,504|
|Le Mans||Paris||02:17||₹ 2,533|
|Nogent Le Rotrou||Paris||01:39||₹ 1,900|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. A railpass month is counted as a calendar month. For example, a pass that begins on July 15th will expire at midnight on August 14th.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
answered | Posted by MASYITHAH A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/01/2017
answered | Posted by LiYing C. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/01/2017
answered | Posted by rajesh h. | Comments 3 | Created: 11/01/2017
answered | Posted by vijay t. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/01/2017
answered | Posted by Abhushan S. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/01/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Quick trip" Janet h. 01/12/2016
Train was very crowded, but everyone was nice and accommodationg. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful scenery" Alain h. 18/11/2016
Beautiful scenery, but our windows were too dirty to truly enjoy it. Tried to clean them off ourselves before departure, but to no avail. Value for money Convenience
- "Early Morning Trip To Agen" Vasile t. 17/11/2016
Clean, available space and seats, confortable chairs, arrival in due time Convenience
- "Comments" Barry d. 01/11/2016
Arrangement for cases could be improved to stop them rolling around in area on floor provided. On our Toulouse-Carcassonne stage, the luggage rack was too small for our cases! Had to have them with us by the seats. Not ideal! Value for money Convenience
- "Just the ticket! (Just)" Richard k. 01/11/2016
Uncomfortable seats on a filthy train out to Marseille. Lovely, comfortable seats on return and a clean carriage. Fair price, right to the heart of the old town. Value for money Convenience
- "Train mutated into a bus !!!" Simon t. 26/10/2016
Train not running - so ended up on full coach. Staff helpful and it was quite an interesting trip across country ! Fortunately the weather was lovely or it could have been a different story waiting in the open carpark for the coach !! Value for money Convenience
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Cherry Astrid r. 07/10/2016
The only thing I couln't finish understand was that It was kind of difficult to identify the gates to take the train, but that's not your fault I guess. But I think it would be good idea to explain in a pdf or something like that how to identify the place where you get in the train, i'm not talking about the station, but the place in the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Train from Montpellier" Richard f. 04/10/2016
We wanted to travel to Marseille to depart by air for Rome. Realised during journey that the stop at Marseille Aero was best for us. Just a short free bus trip to the airport terminal, no need to go to Marseille St Charles Station. Value for money Convenience
- "Fabulous journey" . 01/10/2016
Excellent train, fabulous views
- "Start of a great day out" Stephen h. 26/09/2016
the service was 5mins delay from Lyon but train and toilets clean. Value for money
- "Marseille to Nice" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Good option to travel between Marseille and Nice. Comfortable and good travel time. Value for money Convenience