TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Paris||Bar Le Duc||02:23||₹ 2,905|
|Paris||St Quentin||01:39||₹ 2,018|
|Paris||Chalon Sur Saone||03:43||₹ 4,116|
|Val De Reuil||Paris||01:12||₹ 1,453|
|Paris||St Dizier||02:10||₹ 2,744|
|Villers St Paul||Paris||00:34||₹ 807|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
Before you board
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. AVE services offer two different classes of travel: in first class, depending on the train, you will be able to choose between First Class Club and Preferente where you can enjoy a meal served at seat, an access to VIP lounges in the main Spanish railways stations, daily press and free parking (24 hours if you have a single ticket, 48 hours for a return). Turista class, as known as 2nd class, includes a family area, children’s board games, wheelchair facilities as well as audio/video devices.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
Q. I've purchased a single country pass. What do I do if I decide to visit an additional, bordering country?A. Your railpass covers you to the border city of the country you are traveling in. You will need to purchase additional tickets to travel in any country not covered on your pass. If you are planning to travel to more than one city, you may want to consider upgrading your pass to cover an additional country.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
answered | Posted by Amit T. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Emilija K. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
answered | Posted by Arthur J. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/10/2016
I have the following train journey coming up in europe.. can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)I have the following train journey coming up in Europe.. Can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)
answered | Posted by Abhishek G. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/10/2016
answered | Posted by Erica C. | Comments 4 | Created: 11/10/2016
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Cherry Astrid r. 07/10/2016
The only thing I couln't finish understand was that It was kind of difficult to identify the gates to take the train, but that's not your fault I guess. But I think it would be good idea to explain in a pdf or something like that how to identify the place where you get in the train, i'm not talking about the station, but the place in the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Train from Montpellier" Richard f. 04/10/2016
We wanted to travel to Marseille to depart by air for Rome. Realised during journey that the stop at Marseille Aero was best for us. Just a short free bus trip to the airport terminal, no need to go to Marseille St Charles Station. Value for money Convenience
- "Fabulous journey" . 01/10/2016
Excellent train, fabulous views
- "Start of a great day out" Stephen h. 26/09/2016
the service was 5mins delay from Lyon but train and toilets clean. Value for money
- "Marseille to Nice" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Good option to travel between Marseille and Nice. Comfortable and good travel time. Value for money Convenience
- "Never was on the train." . 25/09/2016
I didn't arrive in Europe until Sept. 02. I broke my leg two days later and returned to the USA. I cancelled the reservations on the phone and on the net. I returned the printed out tickets to you at the address in the USA as requested. You received your Tickets two days ago and acknowledged receipt yesterday. I'm waiting for you to credit my charge card. Olease let me know if you have any further questions. This IS NOT a negative review - every time I have contacted your company I've been treated with respect and professionalism and all your personnel have done everything they could to help me - I WILL use yourservice when I return to Europe next year. - Thank you
- "Trip" . 18/09/2016
Hi great trip but train 40 minutes late.
- "Busy train.." Alison p. 17/09/2016
Train was on time, ran smoothly and was v. comfortable for the trip. It took 2 stops before my friend and I could get 2 seats together as the train was very busy and we did not have booked seats... Overall the experience was fine and I would recommend French trains, based on this experience. Value for money Convenience
- "First Class? Class 1?" Bruce d. 17/09/2016
Although our tickets showed Class 1, there was no Class 1 carriage so hope we did not pay a Class 1 fare. Departure and arrival on time. Trip somewhat spoilt by 2 noisy women! Rather than fight our way through metro with heavy bags took a taxi between stations. Enough time was allowed but wouldn't have liked to have had less as Paris traffic unpredictable. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Grenoble" Aphinya k. 15/09/2016
The train is very good, clean, and big. However, there were 2 mothers and few of their children who ran around the train and make noise for the whole journey. I was with my 2 big luggage and my heavy bag so I wasn't able to move to another coach. I know it wasn't the train's fault but I just want someone to take care of these things too. Those mothers just sit and chill, they don't even have some respect to other passengers. I was so annoyed. Value for money Convenience
- "plane was 5 hours late" Martha h. 14/09/2016
so I had to buy another train ticket 24 euros from machine...no way at a crowded Bordeaux station to find out if my ticket would have been accepted...queues everywhere and the helpers in red uniforms did not know Value for money Convenience