TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Paris||03:44||₹ 4,035|
|Paris||Verneuil Sur Avre||01:08||₹ 1,533|
|Le Mans||Paris||02:17||₹ 2,583|
|Nogent Le Rotrou||Paris||01:39||₹ 1,937|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. Generally, dogs are permitted on trains. Sometimes they may need to be contained in a pet carrier, or they may have to wear a muzzle or leash. Dogs normally travel at half the fare of a 2nd class ticket; this charge is payable directly to the conductor. Pets are not allowed on trains in Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Norway, and Finland. Currently the only animals that will be permitted to travel on the Eurostar are guide dogs for the visually impaired.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Passant O. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/11/2016
answered | Posted by Bianca Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Arun A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Chee K. | Comments 2 | Created: 13/11/2016
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Beautiful scenery" Alain h. 18/11/2016
Beautiful scenery, but our windows were too dirty to truly enjoy it. Tried to clean them off ourselves before departure, but to no avail. Value for money Convenience
- "Early Morning Trip To Agen" Vasile t. 17/11/2016
Clean, available space and seats, confortable chairs, arrival in due time Convenience
- "Comments" Barry d. 01/11/2016
Arrangement for cases could be improved to stop them rolling around in area on floor provided. On our Toulouse-Carcassonne stage, the luggage rack was too small for our cases! Had to have them with us by the seats. Not ideal! Value for money Convenience
- "Just the ticket! (Just)" Richard k. 01/11/2016
Uncomfortable seats on a filthy train out to Marseille. Lovely, comfortable seats on return and a clean carriage. Fair price, right to the heart of the old town. Value for money Convenience
- "Train mutated into a bus !!!" Simon t. 26/10/2016
Train not running - so ended up on full coach. Staff helpful and it was quite an interesting trip across country ! Fortunately the weather was lovely or it could have been a different story waiting in the open carpark for the coach !! Value for money Convenience
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Cherry Astrid r. 07/10/2016
The only thing I couln't finish understand was that It was kind of difficult to identify the gates to take the train, but that's not your fault I guess. But I think it would be good idea to explain in a pdf or something like that how to identify the place where you get in the train, i'm not talking about the station, but the place in the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Train from Montpellier" Richard f. 04/10/2016
We wanted to travel to Marseille to depart by air for Rome. Realised during journey that the stop at Marseille Aero was best for us. Just a short free bus trip to the airport terminal, no need to go to Marseille St Charles Station. Value for money Convenience
- "Fabulous journey" . 01/10/2016
Excellent train, fabulous views
- "Start of a great day out" Stephen h. 26/09/2016
the service was 5mins delay from Lyon but train and toilets clean. Value for money
- "Marseille to Nice" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Good option to travel between Marseille and Nice. Comfortable and good travel time. Value for money Convenience
- "Never was on the train." . 25/09/2016
I didn't arrive in Europe until Sept. 02. I broke my leg two days later and returned to the USA. I cancelled the reservations on the phone and on the net. I returned the printed out tickets to you at the address in the USA as requested. You received your Tickets two days ago and acknowledged receipt yesterday. I'm waiting for you to credit my charge card. Olease let me know if you have any further questions. This IS NOT a negative review - every time I have contacted your company I've been treated with respect and professionalism and all your personnel have done everything they could to help me - I WILL use yourservice when I return to Europe next year. - Thank you