Swedish Day trains
Great deals to tour Europe!
Get up to ₨ 4,500 off your booking and enjoy summer in Europe!
Discover iconic cities such as Paris, London and Rome.
Find a Train Ticket
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (23)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. TGV trains offer a buffet car where you can find a vast choice of hot and cold meals. Drinks and snacks are also available at vending machines on all TGV trains. You are also allowed to bring your own food and drink onto the train.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
- A. In Comfort1 (First class), drinks and meal are included in the price of your Thalys ticket and served at your seat. Meal includes a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, but also bread and dessert. In Thalys Comfort 2 (second class), you will get access to a bar-buffet car which offers a variety of food and refreshments.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Timetables for European Train schedules can be difficult to read and determine what the trains are running. For fast and easy schedule results view our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules page to view each route.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
answered | Posted by Sarkozi B. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/05/2015
answered | Posted by sabrine w. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/05/2015
answered | Posted by D.V S. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/04/2015
answered | Posted by Robin J. | Comments 4 | Created: 28/03/2015
answered | Posted by Nur S. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/03/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
"Business Trip"Thomas z.
Business trip flew from Los Angeles to Copenhagen then train to Norrkoping. Very relaxing, convenient and quick. Value for money Convenience
"The south of Sweden by train"Guillermo j. 22/05/2015
The most interesting part of the trip is travelling across Scania and see its marvelous rapefields in bloom in May. Also, the Øresund bridge is quite impressive. Value for money Convenience
"Great "Guillermo j. 04/05/2015
I think I enjoyed myself here, there's wifi and it was a long trip so that was nice. The seats were okay. All in all, I would take this train again.
"Great"Nur Syahirah Binte a. 03/05/2015
It was a nice ride with wifi, proper amenities and I had a good trip. Value for money Convenience
"Train on time is excellent."Ka Ming l. 18/12/2014
We are glad to see the train on time to platform and departure very soon within 5 minutes, that is very good experience for us . Everything is in order and nice coffee as well . Value for money Convenience
"Copenhagen to Stockholm "Ka Ming l. 16/10/2014
The trip itself was terrific;however, we nearly missed the train in copenhagen because inexplicably the platform was not listed! Finding a human to direct us was also nearly impossible.
"GREAT EXPERIENCE"Alejandro r. 13/10/2014
I DECIDE TO USE THE TRAIN FOR THE CONVENIENCE THAT ITS MORE CONFORTABLE THAN AIRPLANE AND HAVE BETTER VIEWS, IM PLEASED TO SAY THAT THE TRIP FULLFILLED THOSE EXPECTATIVES. Value for money Convenience
"Vikings on Rails"Werner s. 07/10/2014
I travelled the 3 nordic Countries NOR; SVE and DAN by Rail and was more than impressed, especially also in Relation to the Railway System we have here in Germany Price, Service and everything was super and made my Trip a real Success. Value for money Convenience
"Unable to select seat"Angel r. 04/10/2014
While the price was great, the train was great and the journey was great I was never able to select my seat and I received an aisle seat (I prefer window) just in a part where the window is narrow. Fortunately the train was almost empty and I was able to move. But it is definitely unbelievable that you can't choose your seat through your system, while through SJ trains web site you can but you need a swedish credit card. Value for money Convenience
"separate"Milagrosa s. 08/09/2014
I bought all the tickets at the same time but the 6 seats were separate each other, not together !. Value for money Convenience
"STOCKHOLM C - GOETEBORG C"Lai See k. 08/09/2014
1. No room for 26” luggage to put on floor and it is too heavy and too big to put on the rack above seat. 2. When booking online, seats allocated separately in different rows. Value for money Convenience
"Complicated trip"Javier c. 07/09/2014
The trip begin well, The train was quite confortable, but just in the mid-way between Stockholm and Olso the rain make the train to stop and we have to follow the trip by bus, moving lugages and waiting more than half un hour under the rain in a very small rural rail station. Very inconfortable trip because of meteo conditions. Value for money Convenience
"Bad Experience"David l. 20/08/2014
Unfortunately, there was some technical problem that caused the train to move and shake strongly and rapidly, so it was very unpleasant, especially because we were with little kids. We paid a lot and did not enjoy the ride. Regards, David Leshem Value for money Convenience
"AMAZING"Darryl b. 14/08/2014
Comfortable, Prompt, would have preferred if something to was provided besides tea coffee and a cake bite. Value for money Convenience
"Ac is poor"Darryl b. 13/08/2014
The performance of air condition is poor due to high ambient temperature