Italian trains: FrecciarossaItaly : Trenitalia
- Venice - Milan: 02:23
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Frecciarossa, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Naples.
The high speed train, called Frecciarossa (red arrow), serves major cities in Italy. Frecciarossa is operated by Trenitalia, the national railway company of Italy. Travelling at a maximum speed of 360 km/h, the Frecciarossa stops at Torino, Milan, Rome and Salerno to name but a few cities. The high speed train is modern and safe, making it a popular in Italy. Every year millions of passengers use the Frecciarossa.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Frecciarossa include Rome, Naples, Milan and Florence.
|Rome – Naples||1h 10|
|Milan – Florence||1h 45|
|Rome – Milan||2h 55|
|Milan – Bologna||1h 05|
|Milan – Naples||4h 10|
|Venise - Rome||3h 16|
|Florence – Rome||1h 35|
|Reggio Emilia||Rome||02:53||₹ 4,762|
|Milan||Rimini It||02:10||₹ 4,035|
|Milan||Reggio Emilia||01:25||₹ 2,179|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciarossa tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Looking for a weekend getaway in Italy? Trenitalia will offer you the most convenient railway network in the country. The company is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
Experience the service
Before you board
Railway stations are situated in the heart of the cities, with good connections with other public transport. If you have a Business ticket, you will be welcomed by the railway staff at the platform.There is no check-in prior to boarding Italian high speed trains operated by Trenitalia. However we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before departure at the station. There are ticket controls on board the Italian high speed trains.
|First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Business||Premium||Standard|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>|
Trenitalia Frecce trains offer you the most comfortable on-board experience you could expect from a high-speed train. Soundproof carriages and ergonomic chairs will be welcoming you in every service offered by the primary operator of trains in Italy.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Bookings for a Frecciarossa trains can be made up to 4 months before you depart.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciarossa
Overall rating (705)
Overall appreciationExcellent 36% Very good 36% Average 20% Poor 4% Terrible 4%
- "Rome to Milan" . 24/10/2016
Comfortable train journey.on time for our connection to Geneva.Wi-fi on board
- "Convenient" Patchuda s. 24/10/2016
It's good and convenience. However, we recently travelled from Rome to Milan by Italian Frecciarossa and a bit tough when we have 2 big luggages as there is no space for storing the luggages except for cabin above seat which has not been designed for big size luggage. Value for money Convenience
- " Very good" Sujinda p. 24/10/2016
Only to improve is about time. The train came late 30 minutes on departure day. Value for money Convenience
- "Florence-Venice trip" . 20/10/2016
Great way to travel
- "Sempre la Frecciarossa" Virginia l. 19/10/2016
The train is my favourite form of transport in Italia. The Frecciarossa is superb - you arrive exactly on time, totally relaxed. I only wish we had such services in Canada ... Value for money Convenience
- "Fast train Florence to Rome" Peter m. 19/10/2016
Very easy to book and arrange. Train was comfortable and on time. Would use this service to book on line and travel again. Value for money Convenience
- "Train to Bologna" Daniel f. 15/10/2016
The train did not depart from the platform we were told it was to depart from. We found out only minutes prior to departure the correct platform and barely made the train, even though we had arrived hours before the train departed. There was no map indicating where the various platforms were located and we had to switch platforms. The schedule displays did not indicate the platform for the appropriate trains, but they did indicate the times. The ride on the train itself was very good. Value for money Convenience
- "Holidaying in Europe" Susan a. 13/10/2016
We, as a family of four, travelled throughout Europe on the high-speed Frecciarossa trains. They are an excellent, reliable, comfortable and safe way of travelling in Europe. We really enjoyed the trips. Thank you. Value for money Convenience
- "My feedback " Neil t. 13/10/2016
Overall good experience.satisfied with the devices provided.charges for ex on platforms.l think a downward revision needs to be considered. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice to Florence" Tim b. 13/10/2016
Good, clean and efficient but terrible catering and arrogant service Value for money Convenience
- "great travel " Brij Mohan s. 13/10/2016
It was a great travel experience travelling in such a comfortable train which maintains high standards. Love to travel again Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Celito a. 12/10/2016
Comfortable, but a better set of snacks would be nice. Value for money
- "Smooth Sailing" Sandeep k. 10/10/2016
I arrived at Naples Central Station, identified the platform using the departure boards and boarded the train to Rome. The train was clean, spacious, comfortable and fast, the free wifi also went a long way. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable " Anuya k. 10/10/2016
The train journey was easy, comfortable, convenient Value for money Convenience
- "Train trip, Rome to Venice" Terry t. 08/10/2016
The total experience exceeded our expectations, from the booking process through to the actual travel experience. Thank you Frecciarossa. Value for money Convenience