Italian trains: Frecciargento
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High speed trains
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Frecciargento trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 250 km/h. They operate on both high speed and classic lines. Frecciargento are modern trains offering comfort and quality to travellers in Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||₹ 6,537|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Frecciargento trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. You can book early a ticket for Italo up to 70 days in advance. The earlier you book, the more likely you will get the lowest price. Italo tickets are can be book up to 3 days before your travel date.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager.
- A. Thalys trains offer two classes of travel: 1st class with Comfort 1 and 2nd class with Comfort 2. In Comfort 1, reclining seats will offer you a high level of comfort. Sockets for laptop or mobile phone are also available on some carriages as well as free newspapers on major routes. Wi-Fi is free in Thalys Comfort 1 and in 2nd class with flexible tickets. In 2nd class (Comfort 2), you will get access to a bar-buffet car offering food and refreshments for purchase. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost in second class for more restrictive tickets.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform and you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by SYED N. | Comments 6 | Created: 24/05/2016
answered | Posted by Anita S. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/04/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Tour by Trenitalia" Sudtheera c. 19/10/2016
I really like travel by Train, but On Sunday, they don't have train at 05.30 am. from Venezia To Roma as I have to be in Rome Airport before 10.00 am. Please consider. Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" . 17/10/2016
- "Let’s go by Tranitalia" Sudtheera c. 17/10/2016
The train was on time, safe. You can go anywhere you want. Start from the Airport, downtown and to country side. Salute!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Train travel in Italy " Susan r. 17/10/2016
I always enjoy train travel in Italy. I find the trains are punctual, comfortable, and good value. Value for money Convenience
- "train " . 09/10/2016
at the time of train...the platform number anouncement is late...just few minutes few train time..so please correct it
- "trip to firenze was exelent" . 09/10/2016
we enjoy the train very much/ only wi fi was too complecate to use
- "Quick " Marian d. 28/09/2016
Trains run regularly so it is easy to find a time to suit you. Comfortable seating for a 2 hour ride between Venice and Florence. Far better than driving! Value for money Convenience
- "Needs improvement" Yee Peng k. 21/09/2016
We realize the security of train is not good, anyone can just move others luggage out in between stops. I have also noticed few people encounter this security issue and they have to personally stand near the luggage storage to make sure their luggage has been stolen. Some improvement needs to be done, to make passengers feel safe. Toilet is faulty and dirty, need improvement too. Value for money Convenience
- "Train padova rome" Dilbahar a. 21/09/2016
nice and quiet journey after some standig around due to some chaos caused by a big group of travellers. Arrival in time Value for money Convenience
- "Roma - Bologna" Colin s. 20/09/2016
Train was clean. The only thing that was a problem was a lack of storage areas for bags / luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice!" Ceshulla r. 08/09/2016
I will definitely book my next trip with you guys ;) Value for money Convenience
- "happy and enjoy" Loke k. 07/09/2016
Comfort trains Value for money
- "Ease of use" Peter b. 29/08/2016
Was great trip. Enjoyed by all Value for money Convenience
- "Traveling" Martin w. 22/08/2016
Was fun Value for money Convenience
- "Ear Popping Fast Train to Rome" Isabel p. 21/08/2016
We booked our tickets early and so got a great deal. The train was on time and was comfortable. There were tiny luggage racks between seats every 10 seats or so, where we were able to store our luggage and keep an eye on them. We had a great view of the Italian countryside. The only discomfort we experienced was with the tunnels where our ears would pop! Otherwise, it was completely worth it and I would strongly recommend it! Value for money Convenience