Austria Intl. Night Trains
Save ₹ 2,200 with code EUROPE1740 - book 3 months in advance
Save ₹ 1,500 with code EUROPE1724 - book 2 months in advance
Save ₹ 700 with code EUROPE1708 - book 1 month in advance
- Vienna - Venice: 11:25
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Austria Intl. Night Trains
Austria Int night trains: Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland, Czech Rep.
The Austria International night trains are operated by ÖBB, the national railway company of Austria. The night trains, also known as ÖBB night trains, allow you to travel across the most embraced countries in Europe: Austria, Italy, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland and Croatia. The Austria International night trains offer affordable and excellent service as well as being comfortable. The on board personnel is available to cater for your needs. The Austria International night trains are ideal to rest while travelling. You will wake up at your destination fresh and ready to explore. Plus you even save on accommodation costs thanks to the comfy sleeper cabins.
|Bruck An Der Mur||Rome||11:57||₹ 7,008|
|Bruck An Der Mur||Venice||05:31||₹ 4,646|
|Milan||Bruck An Der Mur||09:04||₹ 6,220|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Austria Intl. Night Trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Railway stations served by the Austria International night trains have all the necessary facilities for travellers. Railway stations managed by ÖBB are mostly modern and comfortable stations with travel agencies to advise on holiday planning, cosy coffee shops and shops!There is no check-in before boarding. You are advised to arrive at the railway station at least 10 minutes early to find your way and to confirm your seat with the on board personnel.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Deluxe||Sleeper||Couchettes||2nd class seats|
|Sleeper cars The double-deck sleeper cars to Zurich and Bregenz are a great way to travel relaxed. small>|
|1-bed cabin Make the most of your trip with a bed, table and chairs included in the cabin. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|1 to 4-bed cabin Ample space for a very comfortable ride. small>|
|Separate compartments A maximum privacy is offered to ladies travelling alone. small>|
|4 to 6-bed cabin The best way for a very comfortable ride in the company of friends or other fellow travellers. small>|
|Shared bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. Any bonus that is free will use a travel day on your railpass. Discounted bonuses will not require the use of a travel day, but do require that the railpass is valid.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
answered | Posted by SAURABH P. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
answered | Posted by P M. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Jennifer . | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2017
answered | Posted by Charles S. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/01/2017
answered | Posted by Dharmesh K. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/01/2017
Reviews & ratings Austria Intl. Night Trains
Overall rating (39)
Overall appreciationExcellent 19% Very good 32% Average 25% Poor 13% Terrible 11%
- "Very scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Very scenic ride through the Dolomites Value for money Convenience
- "Venice - Vienna" Michael s. 20/09/2016
Long overnight train. Ideal for students/back-packers; as it safes a nights accommodation. Nice scenary on the Austrian side Value for money Convenience
- "Great experience!" Sokyoeun l. 08/09/2016
The staff that was onsite was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed eh welcome dessert and sparkling wine. Breakfast was decent. We would definitely recommend this to friends. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy and efficient" Brigid g. 25/08/2016
The train came and departed exactly on schedule, we boarded the train, found our seats and that was it until we arrived at our destination. Everything about this trip was easy. Value for money Convenience
- "Convenient and Hasslefree" Habib a. 22/08/2016
Trains are the most beautiful way of travelling in Europe. No questions about that. I enjoyed this trip to Berlin Ostbahnof. Nice seats, Hasslefree and convenient. Train arrived at Warsaw late but it was alright. The informations at Warsaw were helpful as well. I enjoyed my journey. Satisfied! Value for money Convenience
- "inconvenience of booking" Michael b. 09/06/2016
we could not book the ticket in cape town south africa and had to pay for a courier to fly it from johannesburg to cape town for a great cost. surely in todays time one should be able to book it on line to avoid courier costs.. Value for money Convenience
- "Venice metre to Vienna." . 08/06/2016
Our trip was from Venice me store to Vienna. Considering that this is a long distance train, most travellers had a fair amount of luggage as much as 1 big and 1 small suitcase. The train arrived on platform 4. Descending from platform 1 was by elevator. But you can imagine our plight when we had to carry these suitcases up 30-35 steps as there was no escalator or elevator. We did see a lot of passengers struggle. In fact I pulled a muscle by the end of it.
- "my night trains trip" Yanapong s. 31/03/2016
Not as expect for comfort and convenience during journey. A little bit of confused looking for seats with a few second stop on arrival. My train hostage's also keep quiet of her smile with her boring duty. The good thing is about on time of destination for the next connection. Value for money Convenience
- "Night Train to Zurich " Lee Yoon c. 27/10/2015
It was a very good experience travelling by the night train from the Vienna to Zurich. The night train started at very late hours around 11.45 pm and we have to wait for it in the train station for a few hours as it was pretty cold at winter now. The train looked a bit old and the the 2 pax sleepers rooms we booked was small. We have 2 big luggages and that already take up most of the space beside the bed and hardly can find any other space. Luckily my husband and I were not fat, we are able to fit into the 2 small beds, 1 in the upper and the other in the lower decker. There is a small basin in the room and it looked old too. By the next morning when we reach Zurich, the scenery outside the train refreshed us a lot. A light breadfast was served to us from the train crew and his look was serious and never smile. I think if the train crew could be a little bit friendly and that could make us feel happier a little. Overall, the night train is not as comfortable as the trains we travelled in the day time. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable" Mew Yong t. 14/10/2015
The overnight train is clean and comfortable. Comes with welcoming pack and breakfast. 3 bunk beds per coach (not too crowded). Conductor wakes you up 30 minutes before arrival while serving breakfast. Value for money Convenience
- "Night train travel" Rajendra p. 31/07/2015
We travelled on EN236 from Venice to Vienna. The accommodation was comfortable for sitting posture. But one can hardly sleep by sliding the chair if the compartment has all the six occupants present. In the peak tourist season I would advise a sleeper accommodation. The train operated on time. Value for money Convenience
- "will recommend to others but.." Phung Phoi t. 27/07/2015
The entire trip was great. Staffs were friendly Value for money Convenience
- "safe and sleep" Yiu Kan p. 29/06/2015
sleep well Value for money Convenience
- "Great Experience in Sleeper" Yanik n. 23/06/2015
The service was great and travelling overnight was very efficient and the travel time passed very quickly. Value for money Convenience
- "cheaper than normal price" Lai Nga l. 18/06/2015
it is cheaper than normal price, but seat space so crowd. Value for money Convenience