Stockholm-Arlanda Airport (ARN)
OverviewStockholm-Arlanda Airport (ARN) is a train station located in Stockholm. Keep in mind that some larger cities can have more than one station.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Station / Airport guideStockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) comprises of four terminals (2, 3, 4 and 5) and it’s located around 42 km north from central Stockholm, close to both cities of Marsta and Sigtuna in the province of Uppland. The airport has its own train station called Arlanda Central Station. From there, you’ll find all the assistance you need when travelling to, from and around the airport to make your journey easier and enjoyable.
Transportation and connections
With your Rail Pass, you can easily travel across Sweden or to other Nordic countries within less than 3 hours departing from Arlanda C:
- Arlanda Central Station – Falun: 2h12
- Arlanda Central Station – Gävle: 1h06
- Arlanda Central Station – Leksand: 2h38
The SJ railway company operates about 70 direct long-distance trains to/from the underground Arlanda Central Station (Arlanda C). It serves destinations in the Lake Mälaren Valley region around Stockholm and to Sweden’s Dalarna and Norrland regions to reach major cities such as Uppsala, Gävle, Sundsvall, Östersund, Åre, Borlänge, Falun, Leksand, Mora or Nyköping. An airport shuttle bus (Arlanda Express) operates between Stockholm Central Station and Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
Arlanda Central Station is located directly below the centre of SkyCity, the central area of the airport, between Terminals 4 and 5 of the Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
- To/from Terminal 2 or 3: access by walk within few minutes or Shuttle bus.
- To/from Terminal 4 or 5: access by walk within 4-6 minutes.
If you want to discover Stockholm or other Sweden cities for one or more days, Arlanda C will provide the necessary information on the train route with your Rail Pass.
- Arlanda Express is the fastest and most environmentally friendly way of travelling between Stockholm Central Station and Stockholm City. No stops on the way, you can reach your destination in about 20 minutes. Arlanda Express has two stations at the airport: Arlanda South (Terminals 2, 3 and 4) and Arlanda North (Terminal 5). SkyCity can be reached from either station.
- Upptåget commuter train runs between Upplands Väsby and Uppsala through Stockholm-Arlanda, with an onward connection to Tierp and Gävle.
- Many long-distance and regional SJ trains stop at Arlanda Airport making it possible to travel directly from Arlanda to your final destination in the Mälardalen region as well as in the north of Sweden.
- Bus stations are located outside Terminals 2, 4 and 5. Buses run to Stockholm City Terminal within less than 45 minutes and to many other destinations. Bus number 583 connects with the commuter train at Marsta station.
- Taxi stands are located directly outside the terminals. Taxis registered as environmentally “clean" cars have a separate queue. At the airline terminals, these “ecotaxis” are always at the front of the taxis queue.