Eurail Sweden PassFrom ₹ 10,805 From ₹ 10,805 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Sweden.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Sweden Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Sweden, the country where the Northern Lights dance across the sky! When one thinks of Sweden, invariably, attention falls to meatballs and do-it-yourself furnishings. But Sweden is more than that. Take a Eurail Sweden Pass and discover all the amazing facets of this avant-garde country. Malmö is home to incredible art galleries and progressive design whereas in Northern Lapland, you’ll get to meet the Sami people.
The Eurail Sweden Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Sweden Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Sweden Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Sweden Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Sweden Pass you may travel on SJ high speed trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Sweden
A Eurail Pass valid in Sweden is also valid on:
- The direct SJ trains to and from Copenhagen (Denmark) - Copenhagen Airport.
- The direct border crossing train from Gøteborg/Stockholm - Oslo (Norway).
- The private railway companies Arlanda Express, Arriva, Inlandsbanan, JLT, Norrtåg, Skånetrafiken, Tågkompaniet, Värmlandstrafik, Västtrafik, and Öresund.
- Free access to the SJ lounges located in Stockholm and Göteborg for 1st class passholders.
- 20% to 40% discount on ferry crossings from Helsinki –Stockholm (via Mariehamn), Turku – Stockholm (via Mariehamn/Langnas), Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm and Stockholm – Tallinn operated by Tallink Silja Oy Discounts are available on cabin category C-A. Port taxes paid locally and are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552; Sweden +46(0)822 2140
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Malmö-Travemünde operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Special fare from Nynäshamn-Visby and Oskarshamn-Visby operated by Destination Gotland.
- Special fare on ferry crossings from Turku/Helsinksi – Stockholm operated by Vikings Line.
- Free bus transportation from Kemi/Tornio – Haparanda (Sweden) operated by Veljekset Salmela.
- Free bus transportation from Haparanda – Luleå in Länstrafiken in Norrboten on county busses.
- 50% discount to Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum (Railway Museum) in Gävle and Ängelholm.
- 30% discount at Smalsparet Railway Museum only during the summer (July-August).
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. Located in the middle of the train (carriage 4 or 14), TGV Lyria bar provides a service for tasty snacks and meals: sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks, treats are available to eat at the bar or take away. In First class, you can also enjoy the convenience of Lyriapremière service at seat.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. First class on the TGV France-Italy offers large, comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV France-Italy offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Angie L. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/09/2016
How do i go from copenhagen, denmark to holiday club resort in are,sweden? is there any train from copenhagen airport? how long it (...)[ol][li]I am planning to go from Copenhagen, Denmark to Holiday Club resort,Are in Sweden on 5th Sep and return to (...)
answered | Posted by Subrata D. | Comments 1 | Created: 03/08/2016
answered | Posted by Mesbah U. | Comments 2 | Created: 26/07/2016