Eurail Sweden PassFrom ₹ 10,662 From ₹ 10,662 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free day with a 5-day or 7-day within 1 month pass, and 2 free days with a 10-day or 15-day within 2 months pass. Book by March 29, 2017
- Unlimited travel in Sweden.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Sweden Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Sweden, the country where the Northern Lights dance across the sky! When one thinks of Sweden, invariably, attention falls to meatballs and do-it-yourself furnishings. But Sweden is more than that. Take a Eurail Sweden Pass and discover all the amazing facets of this avant-garde country. Malmö is home to incredible art galleries and progressive design whereas in Northern Lapland, you’ll get to meet the Sami people.
The Eurail Sweden Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Sweden Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Sweden Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Sweden Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Sweden Pass you may travel on SJ high speed trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Sweden
A Eurail Pass valid in Sweden is also valid on:
- The direct SJ trains to and from Copenhagen (Denmark) - Copenhagen Airport.
- The direct border crossing train from Gøteborg/Stockholm - Oslo (Norway).
- The private railway companies Arlanda Express, Arriva, Inlandsbanan, JLT, Norrtåg, Skånetrafiken, Tågkompaniet, Värmlandstrafik, Västtrafik, and Öresund.
- Free access to the SJ lounges located in Stockholm and Göteborg for 1st class passholders.
- 20% to 40% discount on ferry crossings from Helsinki –Stockholm (via Mariehamn), Turku – Stockholm (via Mariehamn/Langnas), Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm and Stockholm – Tallinn operated by Tallink Silja Oy Discounts are available on cabin category C-A. Port taxes paid locally and are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552; Sweden +46(0)822 2140
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Malmö-Travemünde operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Special fare from Nynäshamn-Visby and Oskarshamn-Visby operated by Destination Gotland.
- Special fare on ferry crossings from Turku/Helsinksi – Stockholm operated by Vikings Line.
- Free bus transportation from Kemi/Tornio – Haparanda (Sweden) operated by Veljekset Salmela.
- Free bus transportation from Haparanda – Luleå in Länstrafiken in Norrboten on county busses.
- 50% discount to Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum (Railway Museum) in Gävle and Ängelholm.
- 30% discount at Smalsparet Railway Museum only during the summer (July-August).
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager. Eurail passes only show show 1st initial and last name.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Angie L. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/09/2016
How do i go from copenhagen, denmark to holiday club resort in are,sweden? is there any train from copenhagen airport? how long it (...)[ol][li]I am planning to go from Copenhagen, Denmark to Holiday Club resort,Are in Sweden on 5th Sep and return to (...)
answered | Posted by Subrata D. | Comments 1 | Created: 03/08/2016
answered | Posted by Mesbah U. | Comments 2 | Created: 26/07/2016