Eurail Portugal - Spain PassFrom ₹ 15,014 From ₹ 15,014 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Portugal and Spain.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Portugal-Spain Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Spain and Portugal. Visit renowned museums, Gothic cathedrals and palaces in Madrid and Barcelona. Try flamenco dancing or cook paella in Andalucia. Taste port wine in Porto. Explore the Algarve region’s beaches and golf courses.
The Eurail Portugal-Spain Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Portugal-Spain Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Portugal-Spain Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Portugal - Spain Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Portugal-Spain Pass you may travel on Renfe Spanish high speed trains, Alfa Pendular, Intercity, and INT trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Spain
- 50% discount on the lines of FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya). Barcelona - Vallès, Llobregat - Anoia, Ribes de Fresser - Nuria (Rack line) Monistrol de Montserrat - Montserrat, La Pobla-Lleida (Rack line)
- 50% discount on the cable lines of Gelida and Montserrat operated by FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya)
- 50% discount on FEVE train on routes Cartegena – Los Nietos, Santander – Bilbao, Oviedo – Santander, Leon – Bilbao, Oviedo – Ferrol and local lines in Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria, Vizcaya, Leon and Murcia
- Access to Sala club lounge. Travelers who have Preferente 1st class train reservation have free access to the Sala club lounge located in several railway stations.
5% off for Eurail Pass holders for stay in HUSA-Hotels. (Login: Rail Pass password: Eurailinterrail)
- 20% discount on the official fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth on crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia/Livorno (Italy), Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia. Operated by Grimaldi Ferries. Ferry service varies by season.
- 20% discount on the seat fares – Alcudia-Ciudadela, Algeciras-Ceuta, Algeciras-Tánger, Barcelona-Alcudia, Barcelona-Ciudadela, Barcelona-Ibiza, Barcelona-Palma, Denia-Formentera, Denia-Ibiza, Denia-San Antonio, Ibiza-Formentera, Ibiza-Palma, Valencia-Ibiza/Palma operated by Baleria.
- Free travel from Canfranc - Oloron on buses operated by SNCF Bus.
- Free transportation between Valencia Joaquín Sorolla and Valencia Nord stations when you have a reservation for the AVE train
Museums and Attractions
- 50% discount to Railway Museums (Madrid Madrid Paseo de las Delicias, 61 Vilanova la Geltru Barcelona, Pl. Eduard Maristany, s/n)
- Hard Rock Cafe Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, 2, Barcelona Placa, Catalunya 21 receive free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over €30.
Rail Pass benefits in Portugal
Free access to the CP lounges 2 hours before your departure or after arrival for 1st class pass holders with reservations on the following trains: Alfa Pendular(AP), Sud Expresso or Lusitânia at Lisboa Oriente Station.
25% reduction for tours in Porto, Braga, Coimbra and Lisbon operated by Carristur. You have to show a valid reservation of travel within 3 days (before or after tour date) on one of the following trains: Alfa Pendular (AP), Intercidades (IC), Sud Expresso or Lusitania.
- 15% off at the Oceanário
- 25% off on entrance fees for both museum and garden at the Serralves Museum in Porto
- Hard Rock Cafe: Lisbon, Av. da Liberdade nº 2. Free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over € 25.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. In some cases. Normally, your bicycle must be boxed and placed in a separate car, or it might have to be transported on a separate train. Extra charges may apply, and you must arrange bike transport locally. Bikes are allowed as checked luggage on the EC, IC, ICE, and TGV trains. The bike must be wrapped, with the wheels and pedals detached, and the handlebars parallel to the frame.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. High speed AVE trains connect Madrid to cities including Barcelona and Seville, Malaga and Valencia. Travel time between Madrid and Barcelona is 2 hours and 30 minutes. You can also go to Seville from Madrid in 2 hours and 20 minutes. For longer journeys, Barcelona is 5 hours and 45 minutes from Malaga and 5 hours and 37 minutes from Seville.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Thalys (Paris to Brussels and Amsterdam)?A. First class on the Thalys offers large comfortable reclining seats and drinks and a light snack served at your seat. Second class on the Thalys offers generous legroom and a selection of drinks and snacks at your seat that are available for purchase.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
answered | Posted by Kim K. | Comments 4 | Created: 26/10/2016
answered | Posted by Hazel C. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/10/2016
answered | Posted by Shoroug I. | Comments 3 | Created: 27/08/2016
answered | Posted by Shoroug I. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/08/2016
answered | Posted by María G. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Portugal - Spain Pass
Overall rating (3)
Overall appreciationExcellent 31% Very good 38% Average 15% Poor 15% Terrible 0%
- "Excellent trip " . 06/03/2014
I had a wonderful trip using the Portugal-Spain pass in Dec 2013. It is important to remember to make reservations early before the start of the trip (especially for the night train). The train ride was timely, clean and comfortable. Some of the ride passes through very scenic places. Don't just sleep or play games ... look out of the windows for the beautiful scenery.
- "Heart Beat of Europe " Partha Sarathi j. 26/11/2013
Amazing experience, the family really enjoyed the entire eurail experience, Outstanding in terms of comfort, punctuality , service I would have travelled if there was a trans continental eurail The only sad part was the tragedy that occurred after our trip Kudos to the entire organization Dr partha Value for money Convenience