Italy - Switerland PassFrom ₹ 14,911 From ₹ 14,911 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Italy and Switzerland
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Italy - Switzerland Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Switzerland and Italy, two of the most popular destinations in western Europe. Discover ancient Roman ruins and the Swiss Alps at your own pace. Enjoy a romantic time in Venice and have the adventure of a lifetime during one of the numerous mountain rides in Switzerland.
The Eurail Italy - Switzerland Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Italy - Switzerland Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Italy - Switzerland Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Italy - Switerland Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Italy - Switzerland Pass you may travel on Frecciabianca, Frecciarossa, Frecciagento, and the Swiss trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Italy
- Free transfer is available on the Leonardo Express between Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station for 1st class passholders only. Please note that this transfer requires the use of one day of travel on the pass.
- From Rome Fiumicino Airport on high speed train to/from Florence/Bologna/Padova/Venice.
- Free transportation on the ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) between Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if the Eurail pass is valid in both Austria and Italy. Reservations are required and can be made locally.
- Discounted fares on Thello international night and day trains between France and Italy if your pass is valid in France and/or Italy.
- Milano-Pavia-Voghera-Genova-Savona-Finale Ligure-Albenga-Alassaio Diano-Marina-Imperia-San Remo-Ventimiglia-Menton-Monaco-Nice-Antibes-Cannes-St Raphael-Les Arcs-Toulon-Marseille
- Attica Group/Operated by Superfast Ferries for International routes offers free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Bari-Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Patras and Ancona/Venice - Igoumenitsa/Patras. High season surcharge and port taxes may apply.
- 20% reduction on the Official Fares and 10% reduction on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berths or on crossings operated by Grimaldi Ferries on the following routes: Barcelona-Civitavecchia, Barcelona-Livorno, Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia), Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras, Civitavecchia / Porto Torres/Trapani, Livorno-Barcelona, Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna, Salerno/Palermo. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
- Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. Patras/Igoumenitsa-Ancona/Ravenna/Trieste. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe, Florence, Via Brunelleschi 1, Rome, Via V. Veneto 62a, Venice, Bacino Orseolo and the Rock Shop at Rialto Bridge.
Rail Pass benefits in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- Reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- Discount on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- Discounted fare on the Wilhelm Tell Express, the nostalgic boat crossing Luzern-Flüelen including lunch and welcome package, and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano: (reservation compulsory)
- Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks (discount of 25%-50%)
- Reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- Reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- Reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- Discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
- Private Rail Roads (discount of 25%-50%)
- Rigi Railways
- The Jungfrau Region Railways
- Glacier Express between Disentis & Zermatt (discount of 25%)
- MGB trains between Andermatt and Göschenen
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg-Trubsee-Titlis/Engelberg-Kleintitlis
- Golden Pass between Montreux-Interlaken-Luzern
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Your Eurail Italy pass must be validated at a ticket window at a larger train station in Italy only. A railway official will fill in the first and last day of validity and your passport number, and will stamp your Eurail Italy pass, so that it is valid for travel.
- A. You can travel in first or second class. It depends on the classes of services which correspond to your German Rail Pass. In the ExpressBus to/from Munich to Prague, only 2nd class is available.
- A. The prices of accommodations on an overnight train are dependent on a few factors: 1. The expense of the ticket 2. The type of train you will be traveling on 3. The type of compartment you wish to sleep in Similar to Day trains there are different levels of overnight trains. Typically, during the day, high-speed premier trains are more expensive then local services that travel at a slower speed, and offer fewer services on-board. For night trains longer International journeys are more expensive as they tend to be nicer trains, offering the traveler more services.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
Q. How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan if there has been loss or theft ?A. Pass/ticket holders must file a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident. Pass/ticket holders may purchase a replacement rail pass or rail tickets in order to continue with his/her travel plans. Upon return to your country, pass/tickets holder must submit a request to Rail Europe within thirty (30) days including a police report, replacement passes or tickets purchased abroad, airline tickets to/from Europe. A brief explanation of the situation is also necessary to better evaluate the traveler request form.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
answered | Posted by Renuka S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/01/2017
answered | Posted by norizan k. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/01/2017
answered | Posted by Keith F. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2016
answered | Posted by Karen A. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/12/2016
Why 20% offer is not getting applied to eurail global pass when i try to book through raileurope.co.in? need help in this (...)I asked the customer care once regarding this issue. They said that 20% offer is not loaded in the system and it will get updated (...)
answered | Posted by Vijay T. | Comments 3 | Created: 05/12/2016