Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (206)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail network of Italy.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your Italy Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
Eurail Italy Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in INR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Child formula's, for those under the age of 12
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior formula in 1st class only, for traveller from 60 included on the first day of travel
1 to 10 pax
Youth Youth formula for travellers from 12 up to 25 included on the first day of travel in 1st and 2nd
1 to 10 pax
|3 days (within 2 months)||₨||15,894 13,570 12,970 11,096||8,022 6,898 6,598 5,623||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 10,571 n/a|
|4 days (within 2 months)||₨||17,619 14,995 14,320 12,221||8,922 7,573 7,273 6,223||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 11,696 n/a|
|5 days (within 2 months)||₨||19,643 16,719 15,969 13,570||9,897 8,472 8,097 6,898||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 13,045 n/a|
|6 days (within 2 months)||₨||21,442 18,218 17,394 14,845||10,796 9,222 8,847 7,498||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 14,245 n/a|
|7 days (within 2 months)||₨||23,391 19,943 19,043 16,194||11,771 10,047 9,597 8,247||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 15,519 n/a|
|8 days (within 2 months)||₨||25,266 21,517 20,543 17,544||12,746 10,871 10,421 8,847||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 16,794 n/a|
|9 days (within 2 months)||₨||27,215 23,167 22,117 18,818||13,720 11,696 11,171 9,522||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 18,069 n/a|
|10 days (within 2 months)||₨||29,089 24,741 23,616 20,093||14,620 12,521 11,921 10,197||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 19,268 n/a|
Want to engage in La Dolce Vita?
Feast on giant bowls of pasta, paper thin-prociutto and aromatic wines while passing through the dazzling landscapes of Italy.
Who can get
Non European permanent residents from Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, and Turkey (for more than six months) are eligible to purchase or use a Eurail Pass.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail One Country Pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass)
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
This simple rule will allow you to benefit from a free travel day. Make sure that the following points are respected:
- Your pass should be activated
- You should not have travelled by train prior to your boarding on the departure day
- Board a night train after 7:00 pm
- Arrive at your destination after 4:00 am on the next day
- The arrival date should be within the validity of the pass
If the conditions are respected, then you only have to write the arrival date on your pass.
If the conditions are not respected, then you have to enter the departure and arrival dates on your pass.
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. Italy Pass.
The national railway company of Italy is Trenitalia
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Grimaldi Ferries 20% discount on official fares
(port taxes, fixed dues and special fares excluded)
- Civitavecchia-Porto Vecchio (Corsica)
- Livorno-Porto Vecchio (Corsica) For tickets and reservations fill in the form EURAIL INTERRAIL on www.grimaldi-lines.com. Italy: +39 081 496 444 Spain: +34 932 959 100
HML, service operated by Endeavor Lines
- Patras-Brindisi, extra calls at Corfu and Cefalonia during the summer. 30% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) in high season (15/06-15/09); 50% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) outside the high season. Information and booking: Brindisi +39 0831 528 531 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Rome +39 06 4740141 Email: email@example.com
Minoan Lines International
- Patras/Corfu/Igoumenitsa-Venice Free deck passage (embarkation upon availability). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 16 per person. July and August € 26 per person. 50% discount on upgrades. Italy: +39 041 240 7177 Greece: +30 210 414 5700 The company reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge when this is inevitable due to extraneous factors.
Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries (EURAIL Member)
- Ancona-Patras Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders. Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person. July and August € 20 per person. Fuel surcharge is extra & port taxes are € 7. Italy, Ancona +39 071 202 034 firstname.lastname@example.org Italy, Bari +39 080 528 2828 email@example.com Greece +30 210 891 9130 firstname.lastname@example.org
Interactive travel map
Spend as much time as you want in the countryside, Sicily or any of its great cities. Linger in lovely Venice, view all the facades of Florence or get lost in Rome (and not mind).
Review and ratings
Overall rating (206)
Overall appreciationExcellent 32% Very good 36% Average 22% Poor 7% Terrible 3%
"Italy by Train" Vikas s.
Overall experience, from getting the Pass to the actual travel, was very good and most reasonable in terms of price. All high speed trains used between major stations were excellent and getting reservations was a breeze. The only exception was the overnight train between Catania and Napoli. The train was late, the 3 cabin couchette was very cramped for 3 adults, the airconditioning was switched off for the crossing for more than 2 hours. It was then claustrophobic. Comfort Value for money Convenience
"A Kiwi review"Alistair r. 14/12/2012
Four days of easy travel. We found it hard to understand why we had to pay the high price to make a reservation. So on occassions we travelled by 'ordinary' train at no extra cost. Whether that was because the conductor only pretended to read our itinerary or it was actually available we still don't know. Impressive to travel at 244 kph without them calling it a faster train. Convenient and recommended. We travelled further because the trains and free tickets were there to be used. Saw the countryside. Comfort Value for money Convenience
"Insufficient facilites "Wai Cheong t. 30/10/2012
In general, the train service is quite good in terms of comfort and convenience. However, there is much room to improve the punctuality of trains and facilities at train stations. Train stations in large cities are very crowded and the facilities for waiting passengers are insufficient. For arrival passengers, it is frustrated to find that not every large train station has an information centre to answer their queries. Maps showing areas around train station should also be put up at the main exits of train station so that arrival passengers can figure out how to get to their destinations. Comfort Value for money Convenience