Eurail Hungary - Slovakia PassFrom ₹ 9,296 From ₹ 9,296 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Slovakia
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Slovakia. Slovakia is home to the Tatras mountains which is a region of natural beauty. As for, Hungary, it is best known for its 300 thermal springs that will rejuvenate you. Visit popular cities like Budapest and Bratislava.
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% off on the Ciernohronská železnican which is a historic woodland railway line established in 1909 and which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount on services and accommodation at the Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount on accommodations at the Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount on services and accommodation at the Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
- A. Children 4 and under who do not need a bed travel free and do not require a sleeper reservation or a ticket. If the child is between the ages of 4 - 11 or is under 4 but will require a separate bed, then a special child's fare will apply.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. ICE trains link major German cities from Cologne in the west to Berlin in the east. But they also cross borders and go into France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
answered | Posted by israel m. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/12/2016
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Jaideep P. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2016
answered | Posted by prateek s. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/09/2016
answered | Posted by Shobha R. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/09/2016