Eurail Hungary - Slovakia PassFrom ₹ 9,379 From ₹ 9,379 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free day with a 5-day or 7-day within 1 month pass, and 2 free days with a 10-day or 15-day within 2 months pass. Book by March 29, 2017
- Unlimited travel in Hungary and Slovakia
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Hungary and Slovakia. Slovakia is home to the Tatras mountains which is a region of natural beauty. As for, Hungary, it is best known for its 300 thermal springs that will rejuvenate you. Visit popular cities like Budapest and Bratislava.
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Hungary - Slovakia Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Hungary - Slovakia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Hungary - Slovakia Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Hungary - Slovakia Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Rail Pass benefits in Slovakia
Up to 50% off on the Ciernohronská železnican which is a historic woodland railway line established in 1909 and which operates vintage wooden passenger trains.
- Up to 10% discount on services and accommodation at the Hotel Bankov.
- Up to 25% discount on accommodations at the Mercure Bratislava.
- Up to 20% discount on services and accommodation at the Kosice - Golden Royal Boutique Hotel & Spa.
- Up to 20% (March- June and September-November) and up to 25% (December-February and July-August) at the Hotel Dalia Kosice (located close to the Kosice train station).
20% off all services, plus seasonal bonus Aqua City.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Also known as the red train, Thalys trains link Paris to the gems of Northern Europe: Brussels in 1 hour and 22 minutes, Amsterdam in 3 hours and 18 minutes, and Cologne in 3 hours and 14 minutes. On a seasonal basis (from the end of December till mid - April), Thalys Snow travels from Brussels Midi to the ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform and you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
- A. Like most high-speed train services, you’ll need to reserve a seat to travel on Frecciarossa trains. For holders of Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass, just remember that you need to validate your pass before boarding a Frecciarossa train.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
answered | Posted by P M. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Anisha A. | Comments 2 | Created: 19/12/2016
answered | Posted by Keith F. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2016
answered | Posted by israel m. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/12/2016
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016