- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London
- Frequent departures, every 15 minutes
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
100 mph. That’s the top speed on the Heathrow Express. And the convenience starts before you leave home. Now you can print your ticket before you travel. Heathrow Express is the best way to travel from London’s Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station in downtown London, with a travel time of only 15 minutes from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes from terminal 4 and 5. And the convenience continues as there are trains leaving every 15 minutes during the day. You’ll travel in air-conditioned, smoke-free cars, with your choice of cell phone-free zones or onboard Express TV. So why take a cab when you have a non-stop rail link between London Heathrow Airport and downtown London? After all, with London traffic who wants to travel at speed of cab?
Here’s what’s included:
- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London from terminals 1, 3 and 5. Travelers arriving into terminal 4 connect through terminal 1 or 2 via a free inter terminal transfer.
- New: print your e-ticket at home before you travel.
- Frequent departures mean ultimate convenience: Every 15 minutes, trains depart from Heathrow Airport (terminals 1-5) and Paddington Station.
- Travel time is 15 minutes to/ from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes to/ from terminal 4 and 5.
- London Heathrow to Paddington Station - every 15 minutes from 5:12am - 11:48pm
- Paddington Station to London Heathrow - every 15 minutes from 5:10am - 11:25pm
- Air-conditioned with on-board Express TV and mobile phone-free zones.
- Tickets must be used within 3 months of the date of first use. The return portion of a round trip ticket must be used within 1 months of initial travel.
- Children under age 16 ride for free.
- Hours of Operation: 5:00am - 12:00am (midnight).
- No service on December 25 - 26.
- Unused tickets are 85% refundable within one year of purchase.
- Please note: BritRail Pass and BritRail England Pass cover Heathrow Express. Travel on Heathrow Express requires use of a travel day.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. ICE trains offer two travel classes: Standard and First. On First Class, some coaches feature individual video screens. Electric sockets for laptops or DVD players can be found in most First class carriages. Quiet zones are also reserved for passengers who want to travel in peace.
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
- A. You can make reservations to travel on TGV Lyria trains up to 3 months before your travel date. To take advantage of the best fares, always try to buy your ticket as early as possible. And when buying your TGV Lyria tickets, check what exchange and refund conditions apply. Your fare type will be clearly stated on your ticket.