- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London
- Frequent departures, every 15 minutes
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
100 mph. That’s the top speed on the Heathrow Express. And the convenience starts before you leave home. Now you can print your ticket before you travel. Heathrow Express is the best way to travel from London’s Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station in downtown London, with a travel time of only 15 minutes from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes from terminal 4 and 5. And the convenience continues as there are trains leaving every 15 minutes during the day. You’ll travel in air-conditioned, smoke-free cars, with your choice of cell phone-free zones or onboard Express TV. So why take a cab when you have a non-stop rail link between London Heathrow Airport and downtown London? After all, with London traffic who wants to travel at speed of cab?
Here’s what’s included:
- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London from terminals 1, 3 and 5. Travelers arriving into terminal 4 connect through terminal 1 or 2 via a free inter terminal transfer.
- New: print your e-ticket at home before you travel.
- Frequent departures mean ultimate convenience: Every 15 minutes, trains depart from Heathrow Airport (terminals 1-5) and Paddington Station.
- Travel time is 15 minutes to/ from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes to/ from terminal 4 and 5.
- London Heathrow to Paddington Station - every 15 minutes from 5:12am - 11:48pm
- Paddington Station to London Heathrow - every 15 minutes from 5:10am - 11:25pm
- Air-conditioned with on-board Express TV and mobile phone-free zones.
- Tickets must be used within 3 months of the date of first use. The return portion of a round trip ticket must be used within 1 months of initial travel.
- Children under age 16 ride for free.
- Hours of Operation: 5:00am - 12:00am (midnight).
- No service on December 25 - 26.
- Unused tickets are 85% refundable within one year of purchase.
- Please note: BritRail Pass and BritRail England Pass cover Heathrow Express. Travel on Heathrow Express requires use of a travel day.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. In most cases, railpasses are not accepted on city transportation systems such as buses and subways. Passes will generally cover local commuter trains that are above ground. The exception to this is the Swiss Pass, which is valid for transportation in 37 Swiss cities.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. Our popular Swiss Card provides 1 roundtrip by rail from any Swiss airport or border to 1 single destination. It also includes a 50% discount on all Swiss railways, lake steamers, postal buses, and excursions to mountaintops.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.