- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London
- Frequent departures, every 15 minutes
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
100 mph. That’s the top speed on the Heathrow Express. And the convenience starts before you leave home. Now you can print your ticket before you travel. Heathrow Express is the best way to travel from London’s Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station in downtown London, with a travel time of only 15 minutes from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes from terminal 4 and 5. And the convenience continues as there are trains leaving every 15 minutes during the day. You’ll travel in air-conditioned, smoke-free cars, with your choice of cell phone-free zones or onboard Express TV. So why take a cab when you have a non-stop rail link between London Heathrow Airport and downtown London? After all, with London traffic who wants to travel at speed of cab?
Here’s what’s included:
- Non-stop rail service between Heathrow and Paddington Station in central London from terminals 1, 3 and 5. Travelers arriving into terminal 4 connect through terminal 1 or 2 via a free inter terminal transfer.
- New: print your e-ticket at home before you travel.
- Frequent departures mean ultimate convenience: Every 15 minutes, trains depart from Heathrow Airport (terminals 1-5) and Paddington Station.
- Travel time is 15 minutes to/ from terminals 1-3, and 23 minutes to/ from terminal 4 and 5.
- London Heathrow to Paddington Station - every 15 minutes from 5:12am - 11:48pm
- Paddington Station to London Heathrow - every 15 minutes from 5:10am - 11:25pm
- Air-conditioned with on-board Express TV and mobile phone-free zones.
- Tickets must be used within 3 months of the date of first use. The return portion of a round trip ticket must be used within 1 months of initial travel.
- Children under age 16 ride for free.
- Hours of Operation: 5:00am - 12:00am (midnight).
- No service on December 25 - 26.
- Unused tickets are 85% refundable within one year of purchase.
- Please note: BritRail Pass and BritRail England Pass cover Heathrow Express. Travel on Heathrow Express requires use of a travel day.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. No. There are no youth discounts for the extension. You can however have a discount if you are under 26 when buying a German Rail Pass. That means you will travel in 2nd class.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- A. Your payment details will be encoded and sent using a secure connection. You can check the security details by clicking with your right mouse button on the payment page and then selecting ‘Properties’. A window will pop up containing all connection data. The ‘Connection’ field shows that an SSL connection is used. Your credit card information, including the number and expiration date, will not be stored.
- A. AVE services offer two different classes of travel: in first class, depending on the train, you will be able to choose between First Class Club and Preferente where you can enjoy a meal served at seat, an access to VIP lounges in the main Spanish railways stations, daily press and free parking (24 hours if you have a single ticket, 48 hours for a return). Turista class, as known as 2nd class, includes a family area, children’s board games, wheelchair facilities as well as audio/video devices.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
Q. When I select the box that says I have a pass I am not receiving any schedules, but when I do not select the box that says I have a pass I receive schedules. Why can't I book a reservation with a Pass?A. The train you are requesting does not offer reservations. Please note the train time for your travel information. To board this train you will need your pass and can take any available seat.