Eurail Greece PassFrom ₹ 5,803 From ₹ 5,803 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Greece.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Greece Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Greece, a land of mythical legends and an enchanting destination. Discover some of the world’s most famous medieval architecture in Athens and Thessaloniki before going for a dip in the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean sea. You will have endless choice thanks to the thousands of attractive Greek islands.
The Eurail Greece Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Greece Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, free ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Greece Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Greece Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Greece
- Free seats/dormitories for 1st class travelers, free deck passage for 2nd class travelers with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy from Bari-Corfu, Bari-Igoumenitsa and Bari-Patras, Ancona/Venice -Igoumenitsa, Ancona/Venice-Patras. Travellers who have a Eurail Greece Pass get a 30% discount. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply with Superfast Ferries.
- 30% discount only if you have already made a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries or ANEK Line from Piraeus - Chios - Mitylene (Lesvos), Piraeus - Cyclades, Piraeus - Dodecanese or Rafina - Cyclades.
- Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a valid pass in Greece and Italy. 30% discount for travelers with a Eurail Pass valid in Greece only from Igoumenitsa - Patras - Ancona –Ravenna –Trieste when you ALSO take a ferry between Greece and Italy, operated by Minoan Lines. NOTE – Minoan Lines has introduced a 15 euro per passenger fuel surcharge (excluding infants).
- 30% discount only if you have already undertaken a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Minoan Lines. Igoumenitsa-Patras or Heraklion-Piraeus
- 20% discount on the Official Fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth or cabins on sea crossings between Italy and Greece and v.v. on the Grimaldi Lines to Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna and Brindisi - Patras/Igoumenitsa. Port taxes to be paid extra. Reservations to be made locally.
Free entrance to the Railway Museum in Siokou St. Athens. Open Tuesday - Sunday from 9:00am to 1:00pm and on Wednesday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
Trainose Bus free for passholders between Kiato-Patras
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. A consecutive-day pass provides unlimited rail travel on any day or all days for the duration of the pass. A flexipass is valid for a specific number of days within a longer period.
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
- A. There are a few passes that offer a discount for families. The Swiss passes offer the Swiss family card. This card provides free travel for children 6 to15 when traveling with a parent or guardian. The BritRail family pass offers a free child from 5 to 15 with each full fare adult or senior pass. The Great British Heritage family pass is available for 2 adults and up to 3 children. Many passes offer saver options which can be used for families. Children ages 4-11 will be half of the adult fare on the saver pass
- A. The following trains require reservations: Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, all TGV's, AVE, TGV France-Italy, Renfe, Trenitalia, Riveria, Swedish trains, City Night Line, DB (German) night trains, Elipsos, and the Paris-Germany night train. To check if the train you are looking at is on of these trains you just need to look at the details on the fare results to see the type of train in the title. The Swiss Scenic trains and some of the German ICE trains will also need reservations. These are route and time specific.
- A. Passes are non-transferable as travelers name appears on the Railpass, and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, which offers you the opportunity to reschedule your trip.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. No, travel on Eurostar requires a separate ticket. However, many rail passes include discounted rates for the Eurostar called a Passholder fare. To see a list of passes that allow these fares select "details" when viewing fares with a pass.
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Xristina P. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/08/2016
answered | Posted by Manpreet k. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by Riki A. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Barry H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/04/2016