Eurail Greece PassFrom ₹ 5,811 From ₹ 5,811 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Greece.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Greece Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Greece, a land of mythical legends and an enchanting destination. Discover some of the world’s most famous medieval architecture in Athens and Thessaloniki before going for a dip in the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean sea. You will have endless choice thanks to the thousands of attractive Greek islands.
The Eurail Greece Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Greece Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, free ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Greece Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Greece Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Greece
- Free seats/dormitories for 1st class travelers, free deck passage for 2nd class travelers with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy from Bari-Corfu, Bari-Igoumenitsa and Bari-Patras, Ancona/Venice -Igoumenitsa, Ancona/Venice-Patras. Travellers who have a Eurail Greece Pass get a 30% discount. Seasonal surcharges and/or port taxes may apply with Superfast Ferries.
- 30% discount only if you have already made a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries or ANEK Line from Piraeus - Chios - Mitylene (Lesvos), Piraeus - Cyclades, Piraeus - Dodecanese or Rafina - Cyclades.
- Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a valid pass in Greece and Italy. 30% discount for travelers with a Eurail Pass valid in Greece only from Igoumenitsa - Patras - Ancona –Ravenna –Trieste when you ALSO take a ferry between Greece and Italy, operated by Minoan Lines. NOTE – Minoan Lines has introduced a 15 euro per passenger fuel surcharge (excluding infants).
- 30% discount only if you have already undertaken a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Minoan Lines. Igoumenitsa-Patras or Heraklion-Piraeus
- 20% discount on the Official Fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth or cabins on sea crossings between Italy and Greece and v.v. on the Grimaldi Lines to Igoumenitsa/Patras-Ravenna and Brindisi - Patras/Igoumenitsa. Port taxes to be paid extra. Reservations to be made locally.
Free entrance to the Railway Museum in Siokou St. Athens. Open Tuesday - Sunday from 9:00am to 1:00pm and on Wednesday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
Trainose Bus free for passholders between Kiato-Patras
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. AVE services offer two different classes of travel: in first class, depending on the train, you will be able to choose between First Class Club and Preferente where you can enjoy a meal served at seat, an access to VIP lounges in the main Spanish railways stations, daily press and free parking (24 hours if you have a single ticket, 48 hours for a return). Turista class, as known as 2nd class, includes a family area, children’s board games, wheelchair facilities as well as audio/video devices.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
- A. There is no check in or customs procedures for Italo trains. However ticket control or ID checks can occur randomly on board. Make sure to have your travel documents with you at all times.
- A. A Swiss pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services whereas a "point to point" ticket is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Dining cars are available on most long distance trains. Normally, you can just walk into most dining cars, sit down, and eat without a reservation, but you are welcome to make a reservation for a meal when mealtime is busy, or when the train attendant announces the opening of the dining car. If your train does not have a dining car, it is likely to offer passengers a buffet bar car. On local trains, there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car, selling snacks and beverages. Train Dining cars are part of the train experience and is unrivaled by any other means of transportation. In some trains the quality of the food and the wine is up to the standard of a gourmet restaurant.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Yes, depending on the country you are traveling in. Generally there are local trains that travel the same route as high-speed trains, however they generally take much longer to travel the same route. You will need to weigh the cost of a reservation compared with the time it will take to travel the same route. Example: Lyon to Marseille is generally about 1 hour 45 minutes on the TGV. A local train for this same route would be about 3 and half hours.
answered | Posted by ARTEMIS D. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Xristina P. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/08/2016
answered | Posted by Manpreet k. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2016
answered | Posted by Riki A. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Barry H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/04/2016