German Rail Pass From ₹ 12,130 From ₹ 12,130 Germany : DB
Up to 4 travel days offered!
Book a 10 days within a month, 10-consecutive-day or 15-consecutive-day German Rail Pass and benefit from 2 to 4 additional days of travel!
- Unlimited travel in Germany and extra trips to Brussels, Prague, cities in Austria and Italy on selected trains.
- Discount for 2 people travelling together with the Twin Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free.
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
Reviews & ratings (36)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2014
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The German Rail Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Germany, one of the most popular destinations in Europe. Discover iconic cities like Berlin, Munich, Leipzig and Frankfurt. Get even more perks by travelling beyond Germany! The German Rail Pass even allows you to reach:
- Brussels (Belgium) to Germany on board ICE international high speed trains.
- Kufstein and Innsbruck (Austria) on DB-OBB Eurocity trains.
- Bolzano, Verona, Bologna and Venice (Italy) on DB-OBB Eurocity trains.
- Prague (Czech Rep.) on DB IC Bus services from Munich and Nuremberg.
- Krakow (Poland) on DB IC bus services from Berlin.
The German Rail Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. There is no surcharge to travel on board ICE high speed trains, InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC). For ICE sprinter, international ICE to France, Berlin Warsaw Express and City Night Line trains, where reservation is necessary, German Rail Pass holders are entitled to a special reduced fare. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The German Rail Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, no surcharge when travelling on board German high speed trains, discounts when travelling on board coaches and more are included in your pass.
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the German Rail Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip, in Germany and beyond!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any persons living in a non-European country can use the German Rail Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Twin pass?A Twin Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to 2 adults travelling together.
- The 2nd adult get a 50% discount with the Twin Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 6 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 6 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 6 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Enjoy your trip with the discounts and bonuses that come with your rail pass.
From hotel discounts to reduced museum fares and free ferry trips, your rail pass saves you money.
Discount for river boats on the Rine and Moselle
- The German Rail Pass offers discount for the river boats operated by the Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt AG; between Cologne and Mainz on the Rhine; and between Koblenz and Cochem on the Moselle river. This offer is not valid for boats with cabins or multi day river cruises.
- More info: www.k-d.de
50% discount on steamer boats on the Lake Constance
- The German Rail Pass entitles you to 50% discount on steamers on the Lake Constance (German: Bodensee). Lake Constance can be reached by train, for example by travelling from Munich or Stuttgart to Friedrichshafen.
- The boats are operated by Bodensee-Schiffsbetriebe (BSB) between April and mid-October. BSB has ticket offices in Konstanz, Friedrichshafen, Lindau, Überlingen and Meersburg.
- More info: www.bsb-online.com (German only)
20% discount on Europabus Romantic Road
- German Rail Pass holders get 20% discount on the regular fare of the Europabus motorcoach on the ‘Romantic Road’ (German: Romantische Strasse). It runs daily from April to October on the route: Frankfurt/M - Würzburg - Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Augsburg - Munich - Füssen. Enjoy medieval towns, vineyards and the famous royal castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau.
- The motorcoaches are operated by Touring Tours & Travel. We kindly advise to reserve seats about two working days in advance through Touring Tours & Travel, email: email@example.com, phone +49 (0) 69 719126 261 or fax +49 (0) 69 719126 156.
- It is recommended to reserve seats about two working days in advance on-line at: www.romanticroadcoach.de
10% discount on rack railways from Bayerische Zugspitzbahn
- With the German Rail Pass you get 10% discount on the rack railway trains between Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt.
- These cogwheel trains are operated by Bayerische Zugspitzbahn. Garmisch-Partenkirchen can be reached by train in less than 1,5 hours from Munich. - More info: www.zugspitze.de
Reduced fare on the Expressbus Nuremberg-Prague and Munich-Prague
- German Rail Pass holders are entitled to a special fare on the "Expressbus" motorcoach service from Nuremberg to Prague (Praha) in the Czech Republic.
- Discounted tickets and the compulsory reservations are available at the ticket windows of Prague or Nuremberg. In Czech Republic the special ticket and reservations are issued separately, while in Germany the ticket includes the reservation.
Discount on the trains for pass holders
- German Rail Pass holders have free access to trains however on long-distance trains such as ICE (Intercity-Express), IC (Intercity) or EC (Eurocity) reservations are recommended during peak travel times.
- The German Rail Pass exempts the holder from paying a surcharge on German High Speed trains such as ICE (except ICE Sprinter with compulsory reservation and supplement for special on-board service), InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC).
- Reservation is compulsory onboard ICE sprinter, international ICE to France, Berlin Warsaw Express and City Night Line trains and German Rail Pass holders are entitled to a special reduced fare.
A&O Hostels and Hotels: 10% discount on the daily rate
- The discount is granted for advance bookings only.
- Advance reservations can be made via the following channels – clients should mention either “rail pass” during the booking process: Online via the dedicated bookings link: www.aohostels.com/railpass By phone: free call numbers: 0800 225722 (within Germany) or 0800 228807 (within Austria) By phone – central reservations ++49 30 80 947 5110 Note that a valid pass must also be presented upon check-in The discount is granted in the following A&O Hostels and Hotels in Germany, Austria and Czech Republic.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. We recommend that you choose the Rail Protection Plan when travelling in Europe. It provides a compensation in the case of loss or theft when you are in Europe. Conditions apply. Visit our Contact us section to get more information about the Rail Protection Plan. Please note that the Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- A. The Eurail Select Pass is valid on trains operated by the national railways of the three to five bordering countries you select. However, some trains require seat reservations. For example, for many high-speed services, international trains, scenic trains and all night trains, an advance reservation is compulsory.
Q. Can I get a discount on train travel in Great Britain when I purchase a Eurail or Eurail Select Pass?A. No, but you are eligible for a passholder fare on Eurostar, which travels from Paris or Brussels to London. For travel in Great Britain we offer BritRail products to help you travel around the country.
Q. What are the differences between a Single, Double, T2, T3, T4, and couchette on overnight trains?A. Sleeper accommodations vary according to amenities and the number of people occupying the compartment. The name or number advises how many beds are in each room. A couchette (pronounced "koo-SHET") is normally usually in 2nd Class. A couchette accommodates 6 passengers, male and female, and offers no amenities. Keep in mind that some compartments are gender specific unless the compartment is booked in full. For more information about sleepers please visit our how to book sleepers page.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
- A. Swiss passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in Switzerland (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number. Swiss passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
answered | Posted by Jen Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/08/2015
Are the discounts on additional mountain transport the same on a global pass continuous vs swiss pass?Two of us are travelling in December. 5 days travel in Germany, then travel from Germany through Austria to Switzerland in the (...)
answered | Posted by Nicki H. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/08/2015
answered | Posted by Hamid y. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/08/2015
answered | Posted by Philip A. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/08/2015
answered | Posted by Mohamad B. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/08/2015
Reviews & ratings German Rail Pass
Overall rating (36)
Overall appreciationExcellent 50% Very good 35% Average 13% Poor 2% Terrible 0%
"Best way to travel Germany"Catharina h. 20/08/2015
Enjoyable and safe travelling, no better way to explore Germany. Value for money Convenience
"German Trip". 25/04/2015
It was value for money.
"Travelling in Germany"Trevor i. 09/02/2015
Using this pass was a great pleasure. As expected German trains run on time and are well maintained. We were able to use all local public transport in even the smallest towns we visited. Value for money Convenience
"Germany summer trip"Kwong Wah t. 01/12/2014
This is 1st time I travel to Europe, I select Germany for my destination. Germany pass help me a lot for organize my 10days trip in Germany. The train is very on schedule, during my 10days trip , only 2 time late, that is day 1 from Aachen back Frankfurt, is delay 30min. 2nd time is the train from Frankfurt to Wurzburg, train is breakdown on half ways around 30min. Another point need highlight, that is difficult to find a seat (by Germany pass is only can sit free seat) specially between Hamburg to Schwerin. Hope this can be improve. We also hope increase the night train between Hamburg to Frankfurt. Regarding the sale in Singapore, the service is fast but the cost for post the ticket to Malaysia is too expensive, is over charge for us. Regarding the web, that is very friendly for customer, just need let us know the summer offer in advance, because when I purchase in original price, the offer 25% after my ticket issue 3 days later , very sad cost lost a lot. We also hope that can be select 8 days or 9 days pass only can select 10days but I only use 8 days. I still thank to Germany pass because give me a wonderful Germany trip during this summer, that is unforgettable in my life. Value for money Convenience
"Great pass"Pui Chi l. 15/07/2014
Can save money and easy to change the travel plan with pass Value for money Convenience
"3-day Rail Pass"Suntheralingam v. 15/04/2014
Bought the above and travelled to a few cities in Germany viz Passau and Koln. Very convenient. No hassle. Just hop onto virtually any DB train and the whole of Germany is yours. Excellent and very worth it for long trips. Value for money Convenience
"Nice and easy"Amit s. 24/02/2014
The trip was perfect. There was a delay in one of the train, but that was only for 15 mins and didn't affect my plan. Overall very satisfied. Value for money Convenience
"wonderful"Yuan w. 12/01/2014
rail way is always the good choice to travel. Value for money Convenience
"Ms Carmen CHAN"Man Ying Carmen c. 30/11/2013
The price of the German Rail Pass is very reasonable that would allow me to travel from Frankfurt to Fusen and vice versa. Apart from that, I can stay in Wursburg, Koblenz, Cochem and through the Romantic Road. The trip was smooth and one of the reasons was I would not interfere with any transportation problem because I had purchased your German Rail Pass. Thanks for your offer. Value for money Convenience
"Enjoyable "Chui Ki l. 14/11/2013
The trip is nice and safe. Value for money Convenience
"Close to our expectations"Suk Ha t. 04/11/2013
We have read the Travel Book Value for money Convenience
"Excellenet service"Sharada h. 17/06/2013
User friendly web site and quick prompt service! Value for money Convenience
"A good travel experience"Yuen Mei Yolanda t. 26/02/2013
The German Rail Pass is convenience and economic for budgeted travelers. It would help to save more $$ and time. The train officers were really nice, even arrange a 1st class seat for me and my sister whom were carrying 2 big luggages. German is a really nice place with environment and people Comfort Value for money Convenience
"An excellent way to travel"Judith p. 24/10/2012
My train trips in Germany were very comfortable. The ticketing process was easy. My only complaint is that there was no one to help me with my heavy bag on and off the train. I was away for eight weeks so had a rather big bag which someone put on the top luggage shelf on my way to Munich. There was no one on the station to help and I asked a man who was getting on the train to get it down for me. I was afraid the train was going to leave with me on it. Comfort Value for money Convenience