BritRail PassFrom ₹ 7,727 From ₹ 7,727 BritRail
- Unlimited travel in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Discount for families or groups of 3-9 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children under 5 travel for free.More details
- Youth (16 - 25) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The BritRail Pass is the most complete pass to visit England, Scotland and Wales. Visit England, where you will find a mosaic of cultures, iconic landmarks, buzzing cities and world-known football clubs. Discover the attractive Welsh coastline, its lovely landscapes and distinctive language. Wrap up by exploring the Scottish highlands and the impressive architecture sin Edinburg and Glasgow.
The BritRail Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the BritRail Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the BritRail Pass. Please note that residents of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 3 to 9 people.
- Adults usually get a 20% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 5 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 5 to 15 travel. Free travel limited to 1 child when accompanied by an adult who is a holder of a valid BritRail Pass.
As a rail pass will still be issued for the child, please make sure you include him/her in your booking.
All additional children aged 5 to 15 will benefit from a discounted fare.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
And the BritRail Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts museums & activities, and more.
With the BritRail Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the BritRail Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
- Up to 20% off on participating Heritage Railways Association’s railways all over the United Kingdom
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Eurostar journeys can be booked up to 6 months in advance of the return date of travel. Eurostar Direct services to Disneyland Resort Paris have a longer booking period and are made available further in advance. And Eurostar Direct seasonal services to the French Alps and Avignon are opened for sale for the entire season.
- A. There are no check-in before boarding a Thalys train and ticket control and passport checks will occur onboard the train. Also worth remembering that children less than 12 years old travelling alone are not accepted on board Thalys trains.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. A Swiss pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services whereas a "point to point" ticket is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations.
- A. High speed AVE trains connect Madrid to cities including Barcelona and Seville, Malaga and Valencia. Travel time between Madrid and Barcelona is 2 hours and 30 minutes. You can also go to Seville from Madrid in 2 hours and 20 minutes. For longer journeys, Barcelona is 5 hours and 45 minutes from Malaga and 5 hours and 37 minutes from Seville.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
Q. Would I qualify for a railpass if I have a European passport, but am a permanent resident of another country?A. We are not able to sell rail passes or tickets to residents of Europe, the UK, Morocco, Turkey or any of the countries of the former Soviet Union. If you are a resident of these countries, we will not be able to sell you one of our passes. If you are a citizen of any of these countries, but are a resident of another country, we are able to sell the rail pass or tickets to you. Passes are based on residency not citizenship, and the country of your residence will be printed on the rail pass.
answered | Posted by Ellie L. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Samantha Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/07/2016
answered | Posted by Pooja W. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/05/2016
answered | Posted by Gene F. | Comments 2 | Created: 01/05/2016
answered | Posted by HY L. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/04/2016
Reviews & ratings BritRail Pass
Overall rating (10)
Overall appreciationExcellent 41% Very good 38% Average 22% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Virgin trains" William m. 10/01/2017
WE travelled Kings cross to Edinburgh and Edinburgh to Wolverha,pton. Both trains on time and vey clean and comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Good valur for money" Ryan Joseph Martin s. 24/02/2016
If you are planning to see England, Scotland and Wales this is good value for money. We went to see Bath and Stonehenge using this as well. Never had issues, although conductors sometimes seemed confused by the pass. Value for money Convenience
- "General" Pui Kay l. 15/01/2016
Convenient, no need to queue for the ticket. Value for money Convenience
- "A great trip" Catherine f. 18/09/2015
I loved my trip through Great Britain, how easy it was to use the BritRail Pass, and how helpful all of the employees at different stations were. Value for money Convenience