Eurail Austria - Hungary PassFrom ₹ 14,998 From ₹ 14,998 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Austria and Hungary.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Austria and Hungary, two countries located in Central Europe. Many travellers who visited Austria and Hungary agree that rail travel is not only an affordable way to go, but it is fun as well! Discover beautiful cities like Budapest and Vienna.
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Hungary Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. Yes you can buy a German Rail Pass separately from your German Rail Pass. However, you will have to use it in complementary with your German Rail Pass. We strongly recommend that you buy your Extension together with your rail pass, so as to make sure that you are going to receive them at the same time.
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. You can print your Lyria ticket directly from your printer at home or, alternatively, you can retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations in France only before boarding your Lyria train.
- A. TGV Lyria offers direct, high speed services between Paris-Gare de Lyon, Dijon and cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich. During winter, TGV Lyria snow train connects you directly from Paris to the charming resorts of the canton of Vaud (including Château-d’Oex, Leysin, Les Diablerets and Villars) and Valais (Verbier, CransMontana, Leukerbad, Saas-Fee and Zermatt, among others).
- A. In some cases. Normally, your bicycle must be boxed and placed in a separate car, or it might have to be transported on a separate train. Extra charges may apply, and you must arrange bike transport locally. Bikes are allowed as checked luggage on the EC, IC, ICE, and TGV trains. The bike must be wrapped, with the wheels and pedals detached, and the handlebars parallel to the frame.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. All ICE trains convey a Bordbistro and/or a Bordrestaurant. Depending on the time of the day, you can choose from various breakfast menus to suit any taste or main dishes from the "à la carte" menu. In addition to the standard dishes, the menu often features German and European regional specialties freshly prepared. The Bordbistro serves snacks and a wide selection of beverages which you can enjoy there or take back to your seat. In 1st Class coaches a selection of beverages and meals from the menus can be served at your seat on request. Snacks and beverages are also available at your seat in 2nd Class on ICE trains.
I have the following train journey coming up in europe.. can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)I have the following train journey coming up in Europe.. Can you please help me the appropriate pass.. (...)
answered | Posted by Abhishek G. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/10/2016
answered | Posted by KaYan Y. | Comments 5 | Created: 05/10/2016
answered | Posted by Jaideep P. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/09/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by prateek s. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/09/2016
Reviews & ratings Austria - Hungary Pass
Overall rating (1)
Overall appreciationExcellent 67% Very good 33% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
No reviews for this product yet