Eurail Austria - Hungary PassFrom ₹ 14,891 From ₹ 14,891 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Austria and Hungary.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Austria and Hungary, two countries located in Central Europe. Many travellers who visited Austria and Hungary agree that rail travel is not only an affordable way to go, but it is fun as well! Discover beautiful cities like Budapest and Vienna.
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Austria - Hungary Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Austria-Hungary Pass you may travel on InterCity, InterPici, and Express trains which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Austria
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% discount on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by the following companies BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October)
- 20% discount on sightseeing trips on the river Danube in Vienna and in Wachau. Trips are conducted by DDSG Blue Danube
Free travel on the bus from Graze to Klagenfurt, operated by the OBB Intercitybus company. You must book your seat reservation. Free travel on Klagenfurt/Villach to Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto if your rail pass includes both Austria and Italy. Supplements are required
Free airport transfer on the S-Bahn trains in Vienna. Offer is not valid on bus or CAT. This transfer requires use of one day of travel on the pass.
- 10% discount for stay in Meininger hotels found in Vienna and Salzburg.
- 10% discount for A&O hotels
Rail Pass benefits in Hungary
- Free travel on the private railways from Györ-Sopron-Ebenfurt and Sopron- Szombathely-Szentgotthárd operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn.
- 50% reduction for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park by motor train from Budapest-Nyugati station. (seasonal opening hours)
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. To begin using your pass, go to the ticket window at the rail station before boarding your first train and have a railroad official enter the first and last day of the validity on your pass. The railroad official will also stamp your pass and you will have to show your passport.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. Your payment details will be encoded and sent using a secure connection. You can check the security details by clicking with your right mouse button on the payment page and then selecting ‘Properties’. A window will pop up containing all connection data. The ‘Connection’ field shows that an SSL connection is used. Your credit card information, including the number and expiration date, will not be stored.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. Most cites with airports are easily accessible by public transportation (Train, Bus, Subway or Taxi). The following airports listed have access to the downtown train stations: Amsterdam Schiphol, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin Schoenefeld, Birmingham, Brussels National, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dresden, Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva-Cointrin, Glasgow, Graz, Hannover, Krakow, Leipzig, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stanstead, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich, Milan Malpensa, Newcastle, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Palermo, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Pisa, Porto, Rome Fiumicino, Southampton, Stockholm, Stuttgart , Torino, Tronheim, Valencia, Vienna , and Zurich.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Muhammad H. | Comments 2 | Created: 24/11/2016
answered | Posted by Hashim a. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Tatev S. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/11/2016
answered | Posted by Ling n. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/11/2016
Reviews & ratings Austria - Hungary Pass
Overall rating (1)
Overall appreciationExcellent 67% Very good 33% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
No reviews for this product yet