Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Rome, Florence and Venice aside, think blue Mediterranean waters, sandy beaches, Alpine mountains and a foodie's paradise.
Find a point to point ticket
|Rome||La Spezia||03:13||₨ 3,832|
|La Spezia||Milan||03:04||₨ 2,523|
The national railway company of Italy is known as the Trenitalia. Italy has over 16,000 km of railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Italy can be booked in advance. International trains connect Italy with neighbouring countries such as France and Switzerland. Book train tickets to visit main cities of Italy by train. Italian cities including Rome, Venice and Milan are all served by trains.
Use Italy’s train network to travel from Rome’s Empire-era monuments to Florence’s Renaissance art and architecture. Wander aimlessly around Venice’s romantic canals, board the train to Italy’s style capital, Milan, or travel south to pizza capital Naples.
Drive through Tuscany’s rolling olive grove-dotted hillsides, or photograph water buffalo on Campania’s flat plains. Dine in cliff-side Positano overlooking the Amalfi Coast, swim in the turquoise waters of Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, or tour Sicily’s ancient Greek theatres. Ski in the northern Dolomites, or visit tranquil Lake Como.
Buy designer labels in Milan, hand-blown Murano glass in Venice, and painted ceramics in Tuscany and Umbria. Take home red Brunello wine from Montalcino in Tuscany, sparkling Prosecco from the Veneto and Parmesan and olive oil from local delis.
Eat & Drink
Sample Sardinia’s seafood risotto and Tuscan steak, bistecca alla fiorentina. Northern specialities include truffles and porcini mushrooms - in the South, try buffalo mozzarella, fiori di zucchini (deep-fried courgette) and melanzane alla parmigiana (baked aubergines in tomato and Parmesan).
Watch the sun set on the train ride to Italy’s picture-postcard Cinque Terre region in northwestern Liguria where traditional villages cling to an old way of life.
Top cities in Italy
Choose your city:
Florence, the capital of Tuscany region, Italy (...)
Siena, let the charm work Horses thunder around the (...)
Turin, an unforgettable experience Wide streets and (...)
Pisa, world-famous Italian city located in Tuscany (...)
Genoa is a seafaring city. Today a gritty working port, (...)
Rome, the capital of Italy Rome is the capital city of (...)
Naples, the 3rd largest city of Italy Naples, also (...)
Milan, the second largest city in Italy Milan is a (...)
In Bologna, let yourself be surprised Student city (...)
Venice is a unique experience for every traveller and (...)
Padua is a city of art. Donatello left a legacy of (...)
Como, just a delightful place to stay in Italy (...)
The enchanting town of Tirano in Lombardy northern (...)
Ancona, discover and rest! On the Adriatic coast is (...)
Assisi, beauty is at every corner In the heart of (...)
Foggia, sea, sun, and heritage of Italy Foggia… You (...)
Ventimiglia, typically italian Ventimiglia is located (...)
Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet. Located in (...)
Top stations in Italy
Choose your city:
Firenze Campo di Marte is an important railway stations (...)
Firenze Santa Maria Novella or Stazione di Santa Maria (...)
The second largest station of the city of Milan in (...)
Milano Centrale is one of the main railway stations of (...)
Napoli Centrale railway station (Naples Central (...)
Pisa Centrale railway station is the main railway (...)
Roma Ostiense railway station is located in the city of (...)
Roma Tiburtina is the second most important railway (...)
The main railway station of Rome is the Roma Termini (...)
Venezia Santa Lucia railway station, also known as (...)
Airports in Italy
Best trains itineraries
The national railway company of Italy is Trenitalia
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Grimaldi Ferries 20% discount on official fares
(port taxes, fixed dues and special fares excluded)
- Civitavecchia-Porto Vecchio (Corsica)
- Livorno-Porto Vecchio (Corsica) For tickets and reservations fill in the form EURAIL INTERRAIL on www.grimaldi-lines.com. Italy: +39 081 496 444 Spain: +34 932 959 100
HML, service operated by Endeavor Lines
- Patras-Brindisi, extra calls at Corfu and Cefalonia during the summer. 30% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) in high season (15/06-15/09); 50% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) outside the high season. Information and booking: Brindisi +39 0831 528 531 Email: email@example.com Rome +39 06 4740141 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minoan Lines International
- Patras/Corfu/Igoumenitsa-Venice Free deck passage (embarkation upon availability). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 16 per person. July and August € 26 per person. 50% discount on upgrades. Italy: +39 041 240 7177 Greece: +30 210 414 5700 The company reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge when this is inevitable due to extraneous factors.
Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries (EURAIL Member)
- Ancona-Patras Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders. Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person. July and August € 20 per person. Fuel surcharge is extra & port taxes are € 7. Italy, Ancona +39 071 202 034 email@example.com Italy, Bari +39 080 528 2828 firstname.lastname@example.org Greece +30 210 891 9130 email@example.com